20 min of SP footage from early release (In German) (SPOILERS)

Started by PRI. HUDSON, Feb 07, 2013, 10:30:50 AM

Author
20 min of SP footage from early release (In German) (SPOILERS) (Read 7,739 times)

RagingDragon

I'm just holding out for that Ultimate Badass mode. I'm seriously not going to play on anything else, ever. I'm also never even touching the melee button.

If you touch that damned melee button, you're a bitch.

Lol but options man, how hard is it just to make an acid damage option? Or even a few options, like none, light, or realistic? Does anyone else think the attachments look wildly out of place, like that shotgun and red dot sight? Come on, they can't even make them OD green?

Prime113

Quote from: RagingDragon on Feb 08, 2013, 01:56:09 AM
I'm just holding out for that Ultimate Badass mode. I'm seriously not going to play on anything else, ever. I'm also never even touching the melee button.

If you touch that damned melee button, you're a bitch.

Lol but options man, how hard is it just to make an acid damage option? Or even a few options, like none, light, or realistic? Does anyone else think the attachments look wildly out of place, like that shotgun and red dot sight? Come on, they can't even make them OD green?

But, but, but...I don't wanna die.  :(           :laugh:

Yeah, the attachments are wack. Save for the iron sights, of course.

ShadowPred

Ugh, this game.

First Blood

"Dicey? I need grown up words."

Good lord that dialogue made me laugh out loud. And that's not a compliment. :laugh:

OpenMaw

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Feb 08, 2013, 01:55:45 AM
The AVP 1 Aliens had their flaws, too. People just look back on the game with fond memories, that's all. Not sure if the sub-forums here can be trawled back for criticisms of it, but there were more than a few at the time.

Nothing major. Not as far as the AI versions are concerned anyway. They occasionally get stuck on things.

I'm not looking back, ether. I just went and played through the first three levels of the Marine campaign, followed by some skirmish. My memory is five minutes old.

There were some things that were off. No hatching eggs. No chest bursters. They were a bit too noise. Screeching every five seconds and such... But honestly, not much else. They did what they were supposed to. Get you on your toes.

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Feb 08, 2013, 01:55:45 AM
They were nicely fast, but an argument could be made that they were almost too fast - and when you play as them, they feel like they're sliding on butter, but few, if any, games get the first-person 'running bounce' thing right, much less creature-playing ones.

AvP2 improved some of the elements of the Alien player's control. I'd ditch the incredibly silly superman-alien pounce, but the speed was more evened (maybe a smidge faster.)

I feel like an idiot right now though. I went in there to record some commentary and put together a video talking about specifically what Colonial Marines should have taken away from the legacy of Aliens games out there already, using examples from AVP 99 specifically... and then after I got out of the game to check the footage, I didn't have my mic detected by Fraps, so it only got the game sound. DOH!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed