'Xenos vs. Marines' Trailer

Started by Space Sweeper, Aug 06, 2012, 07:07:23 AM

Author
'Xenos vs. Marines' Trailer (Read 56,820 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVkhNpo2pmU#ws

Discuss discus, then watch this trailer, then discuss the trailer.

SM

SM

Right then... 

Kinda annoying that they all crack a fat about the pulse rifle, but none of the clips they feature has the right sound for it.  And those shots of Picthford and Neuman putting their glasses on screams "WANK!"

Not really telling us anything new as such.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Yup. Not to mention that for a video titled 'Xenos vs Marines', there was a distinct lack of gameplay from the Xeno perspective. Really thought we'd be getting some of that when I saw the name.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Didn't really show us anything we hadn't already seen.

PVTDukeMorrison

Hmm, 1:56, what is THAT!
Spoiler
Dear god no
[close]

Also the xeno at 1:58, I like the look of it, reminds me of the runner (Runner didn't have tubes though)... But why is it brown, reminds me of the Resurrection xeno...

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Looks pretty awesome.

WinterActual

WinterActual

The GBX guys are funny. They say the PR is caseless ok, then why you implemented a cock animation every time the new mag is inserted even if there is still a bullet in the chamber? If you do that the weapon will jam because the chambered bullet can't go anywhere...

Berserker Pred

I thought this trailer was pretty good. Got to see a few new things. It looks like there are spitter aliens at 1:13 that also have small crest heads. As for the other two new types of Xeno we saw, the brown one looks alright, just looks like a brown Giger alien and the other one with the spikes next to it's lower jaw looks awesome! Looks very fierce! The sniper looks ok but I don't think you will be needing that at all really in the game because all the combat is close to medium range.

PsyKore

PsyKore

I quite like the spitters. Check out the double blade on their tails at 1:13; its shape kinda reminds me of the Derelict craft.

Stratocaster

Stratocaster

I will never forget BIA hells highway and what a mind blowing piece of garbage it was. When I watch this video the game play and graphics look way too similar. I will probably purchace this but my gut tells me its going to be a waste of money.

alanwu1233

alanwu1233

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Aug 06, 2012, 08:05:21 AM
Hmm, 1:56, what is THAT!
Spoiler
Dear god no
[close]

Also the xeno at 1:58, I like the look of it, reminds me of the runner (Runner didn't have tubes though)... But why is it brown, reminds me of the Resurrection xeno...
At 1:58, the concept artwork on the left kinda reminds me of this

Remonster

Remonster

What do ya know, he took fall damage. It was nice to see some new weapons, but other than that and some new Xeno-types nothing to really write home about. I gotta say, I am excited for this game.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

those introductions are painful to watch.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

They should make a video where they aren't shooting the aliens at all even though they have ammo. Because this video makes it look like we will have unlimited ammo crazily shooting everything that moves with no purpose. Makes me want to take off my shoe and wack someone on the head.

Too far off to tell though a real gameplay video will probably come in 3 months before release date (considering development time will last until then.). That leaves us until November or December. Shucks.

As far as design goes, I can't see shit. They move too fast in this and stuff is way to small in the field of view.
I propose they make more tense ingame scenes where we get to see these Aliens upclose and can't do anything about it.
They all look descent but should not strive away from the classic Gigeresque texturing or this man will be mad.

newbeing

newbeing

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Aug 06, 2012, 02:39:21 PM
those introductions are painful to watch.

Apparently Mikey Nuemann (the writer for A:CM) hates his and didn't want to do it in the first place hehe.

I'm curious to see what they mean by their method of approaching dialog for a FPS.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed