ACM Status Update #2

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 19, 2010, 11:24:40 AM

Author
ACM Status Update #2 (Read 155,876 times)

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: Brother on Dec 14, 2010, 08:46:54 PM
You need better metaphors.

Haha.  I'm up for suggestions.  What do you got?

predxeno

predxeno

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/114/1140132p1.html

Check this out.  A:CM reveal is IMMINENT!!!  All marines..."LET"S ROCK!!!"

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

^^^ Sorry but JayHy beat you to it.

Quote from: JayHy17 on Dec 14, 2010, 04:14:24 PM
Nothing new, but ign.com is talking about Aliens CM, as well as Destructoid.  Its good seeing ACM in the open.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/114/1140132p1.html

predxeno

predxeno

Dammit. >:(

Brother

Brother

Sh0dan posted an interview with Randy Pitchford on the gbx forum, made by Rick van Beem in October this year.

Here is the quote regarding A:CM

QuoteI first asked him if Aliens: Colonial Marines (SEGA) was still in development. I love this license (who doesn´t) but I was getting a little bit scared due to all the other projects Gearbox has in development that this project would have been put on the back burner. Randy said that everything is still looking good, but that working with 20th Century Fox makes the process a bit longer because they are very protective of their intellectual Property (IP). It is something I have experienced myself, when we (Playlogic Entertainment) were doing the Aliens in the Attic game for them. Fox is very wary and does not want its valuable IP damaged and rightly so. Aliens in the Attic is not their most important IP, but having experienced working with them I can only imagine how many bumps there are in the development cycle of Colonial Marines. Randy promised me however that it's still coming and that the game looks damn good.

Gbx forum post - http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showpost.php?p=2167183&postcount=1025

Full article - http://rickvanbeem.com/2010/10/16/pitching-pitchford/

Ash 937

Ash 937

If they were so protective of their Alien IP, how do they explain the catastrophe that was AvP Requiem?

Quote from: Ash 937 on Dec 20, 2010, 07:44:43 PM
If they were so protective of their Alien IP, how do they explain the catastrophe that was AvP Requiem?

or the disappointing AvP,

Brother

Brother

Yes the list goes on. Let's hope this game will not make the same mistakes..

chupacabras acheronsis

FOOOOOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DJ Pu$$yface

DJ Pu$$yface

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Ash 937 on Dec 20, 2010, 07:44:43 PM

Well
Quote from: Jockey;2167247I think the proper way to put it is "Fox doesnt want its valuable IP damaged by others", they already did a decent job at that..

predxeno

predxeno

Hopefully this game will focus more on the mood provided by the original "Aliens" movie and not on the mood set by the recent AVP films as did AVP2010 according to some.

Brother

Brother

A mof**kin' sequel to Aliens.

WinterActual

WinterActual

I hope this game will focus on coop survival and objective based gameplay. Barricade and welding system, armor customization system, class system which can be turned on or off. With released mapping tools, and great optimization for PC. I hope just for these things.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Moss on Dec 21, 2010, 08:45:05 AM
I hope this game will focus on coop survival and objective based gameplay. Barricade and welding system, armor customization system, class system which can be turned on or off. With released mapping tools, and great optimization for PC. I hope just for these things.

Basically what I want as well. If they want to add in multiplayer thats fine but at least have the great co-op and objective based gameplay.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed