11 seconds of game footage!!!

Started by CELTICPRED, Aug 29, 2008, 01:41:30 AM

Author
11 seconds of game footage!!! (Read 48,269 times)

afrocat

afrocat

Quote from: Brother on Feb 16, 2010, 12:00:31 PM
It's safe to expect representative design of the cretures from Aliens, the game is all about the movie.
Ah well thanks I didnt know it was just based off the movie.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: Brother on Feb 16, 2010, 12:00:31 PM
Nope - "zomg this game is awesome, gonna rule and shit" - fans were allowed to be fans, I don't see why it should be different for A:CM.

Just because the fanboyism greatly preceded any evidence that the game was any good doesn't mean it was justified. At the time.

Sh0dan

Sh0dan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 16, 2010, 09:56:31 AM
Quote from: xboxgamer4life on Feb 16, 2010, 12:37:40 AM
holly shit thats a year and a half old and it looks as good as avp3.
also i cant believe there hasnt been anything released then.

Oh, yeah. Those are some lovely graphics. I think people need to get off their ACM high-horse. Sure, it seems cool. But we haven't seen anything from it in ages and what we have seen isn't so stellar that it deserves all this praise.

Why shouldn't the fans get excited about ACM? It doesn't do any harm. In fact showing support for the game will help spread awareness of it. I for one am glad the fans are still backing Gearbox's Aliens game, it's a game with a lot of potential. It sends a message to SEGA, that the fans are still very eager to get back to what made the franchise great in the first place, and that they are ready for something different.

Plus GBX have a great track record, so I see no reason to throw doubt in there direction just because we haven't heard anything on the game in sometime. I mean, that is SEGA's decision, not Gearbox afterall. Randy Pitchford said on a couple of occasions that he really wants to show the game off, but that SEGA are calling the shots and they want all focus on AvP right now.

As for reasons to get excited, so far what we have seen is extremely accurate to the movies. It shows how committed the devs are to getting the source material just right. Also there's the fact so many talented people have been involved in some capacity, like the BSG writers, and the artists  Syd Mead and Craig Mullins. GBX even sat down with Ridley Scott at one point and got his thoughts on the back story of the Alien and Jockey. The only thing missing is Cameron's input, but even without it, well... its kinda hard NOT to get excited about it IMO.   ;D

Anyway my point is that I don't think it does any damage if the fans get a little carried away by looking forward to this game.  :)

PS. Where did your faith go Hicks?  :'(

Brother

Brother

Amen.

peanut8

peanut8

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 16, 2010, 09:56:31 AM
Oh, yeah. Those are some lovely graphics. I think people need to get off their ACM high-horse. Sure, it seems cool. But we haven't seen anything from it in ages and what we have seen isn't so stellar that it deserves all this praise.

The fact that GBX has a great track record and the fact that A:CM seems to not adhere to the shitty fanfiction-ish, comicy plots and styles of the AvP games gives us fans enough reason to be hyped for it.

Corporal Hicks

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for the game. I just sense a lot of elitism regarding CM and it bothers me sometimes. Comments such as that, which are quite plainly ridiculous can be annoying.

I could get into a pissing contest, throw the fact that Sega deemed the game as not hitting it's benchmarks at you but I wont. I look forward to it, I'm quite excited for the co-op personally.

Brother

Brother

Again, it's nothing different from when AvP was first announced and it's a fans thing not "elitism". It's not a big deal really.

peanut8

peanut8

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 16, 2010, 04:13:26 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for the game. I just sense a lot of elitism regarding CM and it bothers me sometimes. Comments such as that, which are quite plainly ridiculous can be annoying.

I could get into a pissing contest, throw the fact that Sega deemed the game as not hitting it's benchmarks at you but I wont. I look forward to it, I'm quite excited for the co-op personally.

Okay, maybe I shouldn't have said why I think it'll be better, but I will reaffirm my point that everything going on in the A:CM forum is called hype, not elitism. Part of hype is comparing upcoming games with other games.

Chris!(($$))!

There is nothing wrong about being a fanboy unless you are anti-somethingelse.
So my fellow A:CM fans keep on being happy.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Brother on Feb 16, 2010, 04:29:13 PM
Again, it's nothing different from when AvP was first announced and it's a fans thing not "elitism". It's not a big deal really.

No, I remember a lot of "OMG! Our CM got pushed back for AvP. It sucks."

But like I say, I'm excited for both games as they're both different beasts.

Brother

Brother

I'd say it's only natural, it happened both ways.

Anyway here's hope we get both games in 2010.

Sh0dan

Sh0dan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 16, 2010, 04:13:26 PM

It is a different opinion to yours, but that doesn't make it elitism. Just makes it a different opinion. There has to be something in the world that you don't like that others do. Does that make you elitist in their eyes?
Your remarks make it sound like we aren't allowed to be excited about the game we have been looking forward to for ages.

And no, I'm not interested in a pissing contest. I don't want or need the hassle. But if you have reliable information on ACM's development delay, it would be nice to hear. Not that it matters, since the game is back in development and seems to be going well according to the last we heard from the devs, but I do like to get my facts straight so that I don't mislead people. So if you could explain?

PS. I'm not gonna lie, I miss the old Hicks that visited the GBX forum regularly and was as excited about this game as many of us still are.  :(

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm still Hicks, I was just offended by some people's attitude to AvP. I'm not claiming AvP to be superior to the game, I'd just like a little finesse in the way people handle their posts. For ages I've seen nothing other than how AvP is so inferior to ACM and it does indeed annoy me.

And the comment was in reference to the delays behind ACM originally. We'd been informed it was due to the current builds that GBX showing Sega at the time not passing the quality tests. It wasn't to the standard Sega wanted it. But like has been said , that was ages ago. The game has practically been rebuilt. I'm sure a lot of what we know doesn't even apply to the current iteration of the game.

I'm still looking forward the ACM. Don't get me wrong. I think it's gonna be a whole different kind of game than AvP and will be awesome for that. I'm an Alien fan all around, I'm not gonna pick and choose which I'll love or hate before hand.

I'm happy for folks to be excited. I encourage it. What I'm not happy to see are folks with their comments about how ACM is superior to AvP when we've had hardly any evidence of that.

JayHy17

JayHy17

ACM is the one game im most excited about. AvP will be fun, it will be a great online experience, and the SP will be fun, but in the end, Gearbox has the upper hand. They are sticking to the canon of Aliens. Which in my opinion is the right way to go. Again, my opinion. I'll play the sh!t outa AvP, but i have a feeling ACM will be a true epic take on the franchise. Gearbox is the sh!t, they did sooo well with Borderlands, ACM will do the same if not better. Plus they are sticking with the classic weapon models which look incredible, in my opinion.

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 16, 2010, 06:24:10 PM
I'm still Hicks, I was just offended by some people's attitude to AvP.
I have not seen to many people saying AvP was inferior to A:CM. I definitely know there are people who think A:CM has more potential or something like that but if anything I have seen many Predator fans or AvP fans saying how A:CM will just suck and AvP is the shit.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed