11 seconds of game footage!!!

Started by CELTICPRED, Aug 29, 2008, 01:41:30 AM

Author
11 seconds of game footage!!! (Read 48,414 times)

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Early 2009 please for the love of god!

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

Quote from: Sykopathic on Aug 30, 2008, 06:58:05 PM
Quote from: Kriszilla on Aug 30, 2008, 06:24:43 PM
You could hardly see it.

It was fairly visible on the ceiling before it got blasted. And if you look at it it did look fairly good. Better than the old games where they basically just slid up and down the walls.

It wasn't visible enough in the vid for me to be any judge.

But the stills I've seen do look very nice. Alien-wise anyway, didn't look much at the marines.

Harkus

Harkus

lol i'm uploading it to youtube as we speak  ;D

Cellien

Cellien

There was an article about a coder that was leaving Gearbox to work at Microsoft and she mentioned the game is essentially done in an internal (leaked) email.

darkbladepred

Where'd you read that? If it's true then why wait 'til early 2009? They could have it out late 2008, right?

Ash 937

Ash 937

They probably could release it before the year is finished but then A:CM would go up against Gears of War 2...and lose.

Cellien

Cellien

Quote from: darkbladepred on Aug 31, 2008, 02:34:19 AM
Where'd you read that? If it's true then why wait 'til early 2009? They could have it out late 2008, right?

It was from here:

http://www.kotaku.com.au/games/2008/08/why_all_this_gearbox_halo_4_talk_heres_why_maybe-2.html

Harkus

beeko

beeko

anyone out there know what type of budget a game like this gets ?? it gives us an indication of what type of pull this series has left

Sh0dan

Sh0dan

Corrine the dev that is leaving GBX is the director of technology. She was talking about the engine coding I think. She's basically saying all the game features now have code and are up and running. Her replacements will be the ones fixing any bugs that will crop up. I imagine the game as a whole still has a long way to go when it comes to level design, building resources for the game etc. I think its only just approaching beta.

And the beta phase is just as work heavy as the alpha stage, if not more so due to all the fine tunning of game mechanics, balancing and testing etc.

Gearbox don't really like to rush bug ridden games out the door either (thank god). So I think we will see a few more release date slips before we eventually get to play this game in 09.

Nobody

Nobody

Sweetness how the alien moved

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: War Wager on Aug 29, 2008, 10:54:40 PM
Sterile.

That's the first thing I thought when I watched it.
\

It's supposed to look sterile.  At least some of it anyway.  Watch the opening shots of the Sulaco - very sterile, military-like.  They are staying faithful to the look of Aliens...

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

Where is the game actually set?

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: Kriszilla on Sep 02, 2008, 09:55:08 AM
Where is the game actually set?

Didn't you see all the concept art?

Corporal Hicks

Graphics look very bland at this point but what do you expect? Can't wait to see more.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed