11 seconds of game footage!!!

Started by CELTICPRED, Aug 29, 2008, 01:41:30 AM

Author
11 seconds of game footage!!! (Read 48,273 times)

Hawkins

Hawkins

just curious whats vaporware?

Ash 937

Ash 937

From Wikipedia:

Vaporware is a word used to describe products, usually computer hardware or software, that were not released on the date announced by their developer, or that were announced months or years before their release. Application of the word usually implies a negative opinion of a product, and uncertainty that it will eventually be released. The word has been applied to a growing range of products including consumer electronics, automobiles, and some stock trading practices.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

What was that^ supposed to be?

Chris!(($$))!

I think he was just giving an alternative link to the footage.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

its a damn shame that Duke Nukem forever will steal stole the show at PAX.

Corporal Hicks

Has. Has stole the show.   :-\ All mentions of GBX at PAX are around DNF and Borderlands. The only mention of ACM has been the G4TV article and no descriptions of the screenshots.

delsaber8

delsaber8

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 05, 2010, 11:59:32 PM
Has. Has stole the show.   :-\ All mentions of GBX at PAX are around DNF and Borderlands. The only mention of ACM has been the G4TV article and no descriptions of the screenshots.
So unfortunate but true. We need some more game fottage or something.

Chris!(($$))!

Super awesome thread resurrection. ^

WinterActual

WinterActual

This guy just blow my heart off you know i was like HOLY SHIT THEY SHOWED SOME TRAILERS AT GDC '11 AND HERES THE LINK! and then I cried :/  :'(

Inverse Effect

So was there a trailer?

ScottishXeno

ScottishXeno

Awesome!
and Guts there was a short teaser trailer.

Chris!(($$))!

Not from GDC though.

Inverse Effect

Quote from: Ash 937 on Aug 22, 2010, 08:17:38 PM
I bet it hasn't.  I doubt GBX devoted any significant amount of development resources or time on this game at all in the past few years.  All of their attention was on Borderlands.  Just because we haven't seen any new footage doesn't necessarily mean the game looks vastly different now.  They need to be working on the game for that to happen...

Correct i guess, most of their attention was on Borderlands and i'm guessing it shifted to Duke Nukem, now with both of those products finished, I can't see why not they would be working on A:CM by now, that said, didn't they say they anounced the game too early to begin with? So any footage or screenshots we've seen can be up to two years old by now. As a average game development time is two to three years, any more than that the development company will be hardly be making a profit on the game.

Brother

Brother

They are a multi-project studio, development on one project doesn't stop when another is started.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed