NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,172,997 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Hopefully for the foreseeable future yes.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: lightsyder on Apr 24, 2021, 09:55:39 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 24, 2021, 09:32:59 PM
Quote from: lightsyder on Apr 23, 2021, 07:50:54 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 23, 2021, 07:19:48 PM
Quote from: Master on Apr 23, 2021, 09:26:18 AM
Trans toy company customization? I love it!

Generally in my head canon, Assassin Predator is related to SuperPredators, red shape on his forehead adds fuel to this theory.
According to Andrew Gaska, that's literally true and was going to be a part of the movie, but the final version of the movie doesn't make it clear.

Really?  Where did he say that because that is awesome
I asked him on Facebook messenger a while back.

He's like the lore keeper for the franchise right?
He wrote the Predator "bible" and the Alien RPG, and has been a franchise consultant for Alien and Predator.

lightsyder

lightsyder

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 24, 2021, 10:04:45 PM
Quote from: lightsyder on Apr 24, 2021, 09:55:39 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 24, 2021, 09:32:59 PM
Quote from: lightsyder on Apr 23, 2021, 07:50:54 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 23, 2021, 07:19:48 PM
Quote from: Master on Apr 23, 2021, 09:26:18 AM
Trans toy company customization? I love it!

Generally in my head canon, Assassin Predator is related to SuperPredators, red shape on his forehead adds fuel to this theory.
According to Andrew Gaska, that's literally true and was going to be a part of the movie, but the final version of the movie doesn't make it clear.

Really?  Where did he say that because that is awesome
I asked him on Facebook messenger a while back.

He's like the lore keeper for the franchise right?
He wrote the Predator "bible" and the Alien RPG, and has been a franchise consultant for Alien and Predator.

The Predator lore bible isn't available to read is it?

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

The only things we know about the internal document is basically what comes up in the Neca lore which we know he worked on but he doesn't work on everything. We know he wasn't involved in the lore behind Alpha and frankly while he apparently made a case for it being not literally as the origin happened, we don't actually know what the internal document says so its basically irrelevant. The document as far as we know is that the Neca bios are reflective of it barring Alpha. That's about it.

If the Assassin was meant to be a Super Predator they did a very poor job of conveying that. Though I think people have things confused. The early concepts for the 2010 Berserker was very similar in design to what would become the 2018 Assassin. The Super Predators would also in the early script for Predators be genetically augmenting themselves but it simply doesn't come up in the final film. The Predator is the only time they ever explicitly did this. The Neca lore which comes from the Predator bible also makes no mention to genetic manipulation and has the Super Predators as a sub-species. It's admitted to be a good out for the Assassin but as far as I'm aware nobody ever made mention of that being the case in any place the public can actually see it. For as much as I shit on the fact that the black goo is explained in an RPG manual of all places I can actually get a copy of that whereas I can't see the internal document.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Yeah, it's a good "head canon" theory that happens to coincide with the filmmakers' intent, which wasn't conveyed well on-screen.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 25, 2021, 12:12:53 AM
Yeah, it's a good "head canon" theory that happens to coincide with the filmmakers' intent, which wasn't conveyed well on-screen.

Source?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Apr 25, 2021, 12:20:44 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 25, 2021, 12:12:53 AM

Source?

My conversations with Andrew Gaska as mentioned on the previous page.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Now YOU'RE the source.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Oh god.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

ttse92

ttse92

do we know if they will ever re-release the 1/4 scale figures again?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Finally got him!!

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Great fig! Love that it comes with a lore "parchment".

Congrats!

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

No reveals, but they do promise that "the Lost Tribe will be completed."
https://youtu.be/RZw1wPhlpfQ?t=1810

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed