Aliens themed mod for Battlefield 2142

Started by Frosty98B, Jun 15, 2017, 09:22:48 AM

Author
Aliens themed mod for Battlefield 2142 (Read 41,663 times)

Still Collating...

Nice! Can't wait to see that. And the pistols do look fantastic.

The Old One

The Old One

Our last hope, now apparently...

Frosty98B

Thank you so much, guys!! ;)
Thought I'd replace the generic grey background with something more colourful.

The Old One

The Old One

We look forward to it!

Frosty98B

Corporal Hicks

A demo you say?!  ;D I'm looking forward to getting to give this a go!

Frosty98B

Frosty98B

Textured Incinerator Unit:

I tried to make it resemble the original "Brown Bess" colour of the weapons, not the green that they are shown being painted in now. Hope it isn't a problem.

Still Collating...

I personally like the look of it, good job!

JokersWarPig

Looks solid to me  ;)

Frosty98B

Hope you'll also like the new looks of the M37! :)

As the model had undergone some quite significant changes, it had to have been textured anew but I tried to do my best at making it resemble the gun used in the movie as much as possible.

Still Collating...

I really appreciate when fans work so hard to get the tiniest details right. Bravo for the passion!

Frosty98B

Quote from: Still Collating... on Oct 11, 2019, 11:45:59 AM
I really appreciate when fans work so hard to get the tiniest details right. Bravo for the passion!

Frosty98B

"If a sensor detects an enemy infantry target in an M5's killing zone, it can launch the mine, which pops up to 2 m from the ground whilst spinning. As soon as the mine's directional charge faces the enemy it explodes, firing a cone-shaped spray of lethal fragments up to 50 meters."
- M5, as described in the Aliens Colonial Marines Technical Manual

The upper line of images shows what a detonation of the mine looks like in the mod. The first explosion appears when the propelling charge in the platform launches the mine into the air, followed closely by the explosion of the mine itself once the optimal height has been reached.

The Recon class comes with two of these.

The Old One

The Old One

Your work is absolutely spectacular.

Frosty98B

Frosty98B

Belated Merry Christmas, AVPGalaxy! :-*

The first demo of Acheron is here! [UPDATED]

Unfortunately I didn't manage to hit the Christmas release like I planned because I really wanted the demo to have xenomorphs in it and it took way longer than I though it could. The good news is that they're in the mod now. The bad news is that they look like ^this^ and all my attempts to find out why failed. So...it is what it is, though I hope you'll be able to enjoy it anyway.

Assuming you have Battlefield 2142 installed, I recomend downloading BF2142 Hub to patch the game properly and avoid some internet connection issues. Here's a guide:

This tutorial should guide through the mod's installation.

Note: The maps featuring aliens have a large X across their preview image. You can find the Weyland-Yutani forces on the others. At the moment they are a combination of the PAC (one of the two factions in the vanilla game) soldiers and "tained" xenomorphs.
You can find the APC on the following maps: Minsk, Shuhia Taiba, Sidi Power Plant, Verdun.

I'll be happy to hear any opinion and criticism, just please keep in mind that the mod's nowhere near complete, it lacks much of the content but I tried to make it as polished as possible. Hope you'll have a good time trying it out! :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed