Reshoots Begin at Leavesden Studios

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 17, 2016, 09:01:48 PM

Author
Reshoots Begin at Leavesden Studios (Read 25,577 times)

Necronomicon II

Pretty standard stuff, if I have one concern (well there are a potential few but I'll stick to one) it would be the couples on board the Covenant, here's hoping there's nothing sentimental scripting wise when it comes to that element; they should be characterised as almost at wits end, with the tumultuous effects of space travel taking a heavy toll; low morale, cynical, but sardonic, likable, and upon arrival at "paradise" colour returns to their hearts...A glimmer of hope!
And...IT'S GONE lol

CainsSon

CainsSon

Now I wish we had a trailer, because I dig it when they do reshoots after a trailer's been cut and we get extra footage no one has seen, like we did in the Prometheus trailers, and Alien 3 trailers. Of course, its still possible that this will happen just because of cuts.
Speaking of all that, does anyone think we will get to see those scenes from Prometheus we never got to see. Specifically, the scene where Fifield is attacking during Weyland and Shaw's trip to meet the Engineer?

Protozoid

It would be cool to see the original cut of Prometheus before Pietro Scalia restructured it. The reshoots and recuts on Prometheus were kind of radical, and I'm still not sure they improved the movie. It moves faster, but I'm not convinced by Scalia's reasoning - that it keeps the focus on Shaw. Um, removing her from a scene that you then intercut with her most important moment does not strengthen her character at all. Neither did the Isle of Skye sequence or the scene where Shaw and Janek have a quick discussion about the goo before the climax. Both of those slowed down the pacing, for me, and are both rather sloppily written and edited compared to the rest of the film. After watching Prometheus several dozen times, the reshoots stand out like a sore thumb.

I'm not saying they ruined the film, but I would really like to see the original cut someday, and I hope that Scott learned not to let Scalia do anything too drastic to Covenant; attuned filmgoers can sense when the editing has stretched coherency too far, and Prometheus was right at that edge. I'd like to see the original cut of Prometheus without the reshoots or restructuring, but I doubt that cut will ever be released. More likely an extended cut, or nothing at all. Crossing my fingers that Fox will announce a new Prometheus edition for next year...

windebieste

I'd be very surprised if 'PROMETHEUS' doesn't get re-released next year.  The inevitable box set with all 'ALIEN' movies will also hit shelves.  The problem with so many iterations of these things on DVD and BluRay is the market is in decline and let's face it, most fans of these movies will already have them. 

In order to make these movies attractive to us again, say, for me to purchase another copy of 'PROMETHEUS' -  a movie that I half like and also half dislike - it's got to include some form of incentive.  At this point, the BluRay copy I have is enough but if a new and different version of the movie comes out sometime next year then I'd probably buy it. 

Do I think this is likely to happen?  Of course I do!  Each of the previous 'ALIEN' movies have had alternate editions released.  I see 'PROMETHEUS' as no different in this regard.  Sure, I know Scott said that he considered the theatrical release to be the definitive version but I don't think that his declaration will stand in the way of increased sales.  Ultimately it's Twentieth Century Fox' call on that one.

So yes.  I believe we will eventually see an alternate cut of 'PROMETHEUS'.  As to what that content will be is another matter.  Fox could re-release the movie with some deleted footage restored we've already seen and market the movie as 'PROMETHEUS - Extended Edition' or maybe they go full 'ALIEN 3' on us and release what amounts to a completely different movie from the theatrical release.  I'd love to see that happen.  Insta buy for me, that one.

-Windebieste.

Pvt. Himmel

Logically Prometheus should be released theatrically on Alien Day, but I also think that when Covenant comes out there should be a showing of Prometheus before Covenant on opening night. 8)

DaveT937

I live in Abbots Langley, just off high street. Small world!

Drove past the studios today.  A few cranes outside but nothing obvious, as you'd expect.

May try again tomorrow from a different entrance!

Corporal Hicks

I imagine it'll be inside the studios, closed off.  :'(

g2vd

g2vd

Quote from: DaveT937 on Nov 20, 2016, 12:14:46 AM
May try again tomorrow from a different entrance!
THE DOOR!

PUNCH IT! :laugh:

motherfather

I often wonder if trailers are planned and edited to final copy before or after reshoots. And if content in the main film is consequently expanded to incorporate something that was specifically reshot to accentuate the trailer.

HuDaFuK

There are a lot of movie trailers that have had stuff ultimately cut from the film in them.

Corporal Hicks

That's where we see a lot of the more obvious deleted scenes or alternate takes.

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: CainsSon on Nov 19, 2016, 07:52:31 PM
Now I wish we had a trailer, because I dig it when they do reshoots after a trailer's been cut and we get extra footage no one has seen, like we did in the Prometheus trailers, and Alien 3 trailers. Of course, its still possible that this will happen just because of cuts.
Speaking of all that, does anyone think we will get to see those scenes from Prometheus we never got to see. Specifically, the scene where Fifield is attacking during Weyland and Shaw's trip to meet the Engineer?

FOX knows better.  Look at the Fantastic Four trailer vs the movie.  No chance they will ever release a trailer before reshoots again.

Quote from: windebieste on Nov 19, 2016, 09:48:47 PM

So yes.  I believe we will eventually see an alternate cut of 'PROMETHEUS'.  As to what that content will be is another matter.  Fox could re-release the movie with some deleted footage restored we've already seen and market the movie as 'PROMETHEUS - Extended Edition' or maybe they go full 'ALIEN 3' on us and release what amounts to a completely different movie from the theatrical release.  I'd love to see that happen.  Insta buy for me, that one.

-Windebieste.

I'd buy that.  I would love to see the proper sequence with Weyland and Shaw involved in the Fifeld mutation (and it in it's real form).  That movie feels so slapped together in post that there is so much to work with.  Add in takes we haven't seen even on the deleted scenes real and the confrontation between Shaw and the Engineer and there is a lot of interesting leftover bits to make a new version from.

DaveT937

There wasn't much to see yesterday, from what I could tell. Some tarpaulin outside but could just as well be up there normally.

Ah well, roll on August next year!

Corporal Hicks

Thanks for checking it out, Dave. The odds are seeing anything were always really really slim.

Corporal Hicks

The original posts have been deleted now btw.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed