False Memory? or were the Starship troopers movie AR Based off the Pulse Rifle?

Started by Inverse Effect, Oct 02, 2021, 08:22:36 AM

Author
False Memory? or were the Starship troopers movie AR Based off the Pulse Rifle? (Read 3,007 times)

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Or was this just one of those old rumors? or stories? or am i just thinking about this wrong?

I faintly.. faintly remember reading one of these UFO/Alien mags my dad use to read back in the day, and there were entire page or two about the weapons of the movie starship troopers. And i dunno if i'm just remembering this wrong. But i swear there some concept or article or something that the sort said that the Morita Assault Rifle was based design wise off the Pulse Rifle? Maybe one of the experts on here can assist on this one.

Does anyone know anything similar of the sorts or am i just talking/thinking out of my ass on this one lmao xD

Beef Dogg

It was the same practical effects company that done Aliens and Star Ship troopers so there is a link there

judge death

judge death

I dont see any resemblence:

Starship troopers bullpup design assault rifle:

Pulse rifle which is a classic design with the magazine in the front:

Only thing I see is similair is the carrying handle. And they both are assault rifles.

[cancerblack]

Beef Dogg

Quote from: judge death on Oct 02, 2021, 12:20:15 PM
I dont see any resemblence:

Starship troopers bullpup design assault rifle:
http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/7/78/Reelclothes_morita.jpg/450px-Reelclothes_morita.jpg

Pulse rifle which is a classic design with the magazine in the front:

Only thing I see is similair is the carrying handle. And they both are assault rifles.

ftfy, also, i see the lineage, over under configuration, bottom firearm is a pump action.

SiL

It's definitely evocative of the pulse rifle.

Kradan

Idk, looks quite similar to me

judge death

Well then these should also look like pulse rifles :P

SiL

I mean yeah, they kind'a do. Especially the second one. Not sure what point you were hoping to make there  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Other than a carry-handle and a underslung attachment, I don't think they're that similar really.

SiL

If you're not a gun person, a passing glance shows a lot of the same gross shapes. They're not anywhere near identical, but they're definitely of a family.

Inverse Effect

Quote from: Beef Dogg on Oct 02, 2021, 09:38:19 AM
It was the same practical effects company that done Aliens and Star Ship troopers so there is a link there

Perhaps on that one.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 04, 2021, 08:22:27 AM
Other than a carry-handle and a underslung attachment, I don't think they're that similar really.

Agreed

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 04, 2021, 08:22:27 AM

As SiL said, to a NOGUNZ or a non-obsessive, they're visually linked fairly strongly.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed