In your opinion do you think Alien 3 killed the franchise?

Started by Aliens1986fanboy, Aug 29, 2019, 09:56:05 AM

Author
In your opinion do you think Alien 3 killed the franchise? (Read 37,188 times)

426Buddy

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 08, 2020, 10:23:26 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 08, 2020, 04:16:06 PM
At that point I think we had Lope, Rosie and Cole (had to Google that one).

Cole's death was kind of unique, as I recall. I don't remember many other instances where a xeno was shown killing and mauling the victim with no cutaways, angle changes, etc. Dude bought it right on camera, center frame. It was frightening to see.

Covenant really didn't hold back much.

Yeah I always enjoyed that scene, one of my favorites.

razeak

Quote from: SM on Jan 09, 2020, 12:53:18 AM
Yes she's security.  She shot one of the Neomorphs.

Not sure how that relates to a dead horse.

The wandering off discussion

50percentJoe

I feel like the cut that was released definitely hurt the franchise, had we gotten something closer to the assembly cut on release I believe it would have done fine. As is I think its a fitting end to the original Ripley's arc, nothing in that universe garners a happy ending, in some way the alien represents the cold inescapable vacuum of space and the last dying breath you can't take as you drift into the empty dark. The happiest ending she could get was dragging a queen burster into the molten lead with her as she lost her life.

SM

What in the assembly would've improved it?

Local Trouble

Baptism by SM will now commence...

SM

426Buddy

426Buddy

I don't think there is any cut of Alien3 that would have changed the reception the film got back in 1993. I like both cuts of Alien3 but its not the film general audiences were expecting when they sat down in theaters. It's extremely dark in tone and a major downer, it makes 40 miles of bad road look like a fun action romp by comparison.  :laugh:

The Cruentus

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jan 11, 2020, 01:05:31 AM
I don't think there is any cut of Alien3 that would have changed the reception the film got back in 1993. I like both buts of Alien3 but its not the film general audiences were expecting when they sat down in theaters. It's extremely dark in tone and a major downer, it makes 40 miles of bad road look like a fun action romp by comparison.  :laugh:

:laugh:

I nearly died from that lmao

426Buddy

Lol so did I when I read your post, perfect typo.

SM

He cannot lie.

426Buddy

You otha brothas can´t deny.

The Old One

The Old One

I think if reception is your metric for a superior version then like, the Aliens SE, the Alien³ SE, is the best version according to the general public.

Local Trouble

I still prefer the theatrical edition of Aliens too.

The Old One

The Old One

For myself, Alien Theatrical Edition,
Aliens TE/SE, Alien³ Special Edition.

50percentJoe

I always just assumed the eggs were brought with the queen, she seemed aware the whole place was blowing up, might have stowed two eggs with her as she hid on the ship, one of them might have survived the big end conflict after the opened the air lock.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed