In your opinion do you think Alien 3 killed the franchise?

Started by Aliens1986fanboy, Aug 29, 2019, 09:56:05 AM

Author
In your opinion do you think Alien 3 killed the franchise? (Read 33,847 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, that's not until later.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Jan 07, 2020, 11:07:55 PM
And David (whose face is the same as Walter's - someone they trust) just rescued them, and led them to safety.

This too.

QuoteThey don't know they're in a monster movie.

And that.

I get that it's a horror movie trope that never works out for the characters, so it could have been handled a little less stereotypically than the way it was, but in terms of the story it's not a silly decision at all.

Kradan

Is "crew of Covenant is or isn't dumb" question now just a way to differentiate pro and anti-Covenant fans ?

The Cruentus

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jan 06, 2020, 09:30:57 PM
"Perfectly safe, I assure you." (The Android that's done nothing so far but save everyone.)

Problem is that statement comes after Oram realized David is hiding things, responsible for creating monsters and didn't care about Rosie being dead. Therefor not to be trusted.

Corporal Hicks

They should have left in the moment where David sticks his face over them and nothing happens to reinforce that.

SM

The actual lines are:

Rosenthal - Is it even safe here?
David - Perfectly.

After he just saved them, so no reason not to trust a Weyland Corp android.

Huggs

Huggs

There was no reason not to trust David, until the moment he lost his cool.

If oram met the devil before, then he should've had the good sense to pull the trigger.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 08, 2020, 11:10:31 AMProblem is that statement comes after Oram realized David is hiding things, responsible for creating monsters and didn't care about Rosie being dead. Therefor not to be trusted.

This. I take far greater issue with how Oram trusts David around the eggs than how Rosie thinks it's safe to wander off alone.

Huggs

He was the victim of bad writing.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 08, 2020, 12:30:56 PM
He was the victim of bad writing.

It's the deadliest thing known in film.

razeak

I like the movie. Still think it isn't the wisest decision for either character.

In the case of Rosie I can buy it a lot more than the egg scene. I understand the Rosie argument even if I think it's more complicated than David said it's okay after saving them considering all the unknowns.

How many fellows were the security? 2?

Corporal Hicks

At that point I think we had Lope, Rosie and Cole (had to Google that one).

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 08, 2020, 01:03:23 PM
It's the deadliest thing known in film.

Aside from land-sharks.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 08, 2020, 04:16:06 PM
At that point I think we had Lope, Rosie and Cole (had to Google that one).

Cole's death was kind of unique, as I recall. I don't remember many other instances where a xeno was shown killing and mauling the victim with no cutaways, angle changes, etc. Dude bought it right on camera, center frame. It was frightening to see.

Covenant really didn't hold back much.

razeak

Rosie was security? Well....I don't want beat a dead horse.

Anyways, Covenant does have some savagery that matches Alien 3. It skirts the line with showing too much, but it pulls it off mostly.

SM

Yes she's security.  She shot one of the Neomorphs.

Not sure how that relates to a dead horse.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed