In your opinion do you think Alien 3 killed the franchise?

Started by Aliens1986fanboy, Aug 29, 2019, 09:56:05 AM

Author
In your opinion do you think Alien 3 killed the franchise? (Read 33,832 times)

razeak

Dumbcon 1.

"He let's pet the space cobra!"

The Old One

The Old One

I'd say the person that went to find water to clean her bite, after being told the place is safe, fairly reasonable.

Kimarhi

The Old One

The Old One

I'd say in that scenario, if no water is available anywhere else and as far as you know the creature exists only because of a previous infection? Yeah, disinfecting that wound is a high priority, even if that means "wandering off" to do so, it's a risk but what other option do you have?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jan 06, 2020, 07:41:04 PM
Nah bruh.

Didn't they teach you guys not to drink the water or you might get malaria?

The Old One

The Old One

"Perfectly safe, I assure you." (The Android that's done nothing so far but save everyone.)

HuDaFuK

He's also creepy as f*ck.

Seeing a trained security force be so immediately trusting that there's no threat when a bunch of them have already been killed in various horrible and unpredictable ways really dose strike me as a bit dumb.

Although admittedly not as dumb as some of the shit in Prometheus.

The Old One

The Old One

As you say, somewhat idiotic, and it's not all of them so not unbelievable. 

razeak

Android with a rape face who inexplicably has been stranded on an allegedly undiscovered world where monsters explode out of people's bodies and eat their faces? Fudge that dude. I wouldn't touch anything or go anywhere. I wouldn't even use the local water to clean the shit out of my pants lol.

Back to back, rifles ready.

The Old One

The Old One

C'mon the weirdest thing David says is "Welcome Brother" before Walter goes to talk to him.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jan 06, 2020, 06:05:19 PM
I'd say the person that went to find water to clean her bite, after being told the place is safe, fairly reasonable.

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jan 06, 2020, 09:30:57 PM
"Perfectly safe, I assure you." (The Android that's done nothing so far but save everyone.)

Yeah, I'm with you on this criticism of Covenant. We have the benefit of hindsight, and it's certainly somewhat tropey in terms of horror movie, but in-universe David had saved the crew, apparently been living on his own and fine for 10 years, and told them it was safe. There was really no reason for them not to trust him at that point. And I can totally buy someone wanting to have a moment or two to themselves after experiencing what they had.

SM

razeak

If by some chance we all end up on a far flung world, I'm dying after most of you lol.

Maybe its just that in my training you never go alone or leave your partner.  I'm not a crack commando by any stretch, but the basic idea of safety in numbers in hostile situations is definitely not on their mind or in their past training. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

"C'mon the weirdest thing David says is "Welcome Brother" before Walter goes to talk to him."

RAPEFACE lol.

Okay fine. I change the sentence to the following: The colonists are stranded on an allegedly undiscovered world where monsters explode out of people's bodies and eat their faces.

Now that I read that again, the hindsight should be that the planet has monsters that explode out of people's bodies and eat their faces.

I'll just chalk it up to fear affecting their decision making abilities.

SM

And David (whose face is the same as Walter's - someone they trust) just rescued them, and led them to safety.  There was no longer a threat from the Neomorphs and both Rosey and Oram were armed.  They had a perfectly reasonable expectation of safety.

They don't know they're in a monster movie.

Kradan

David's face is somewhat creepy for sure but not a RAPEFACE .

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed