In your opinion do you think Alien 3 killed the franchise?

Started by Aliens1986fanboy, Aug 29, 2019, 09:56:05 AM

Author
In your opinion do you think Alien 3 killed the franchise? (Read 33,852 times)

SM

Quote from: Number13 on Sep 13, 2019, 03:16:57 AM
It certainly killed the franchise for me and I know that's an unpopular opinion here. Last time I said that, someone said that I have poor taste for disliking any of the first THREE movies. But I love Alien and Aliens, they're my all time favorite movies, and I think Alien3 made AlienS pointless. Every time I watch the beginning, I say "Ripley went through all that for nothing?!" and I don't watch it much. So yeah, Alien and Aliens are flawless in my opinion, and ever since that, the series has gone downhill. I hate Alien3 like poison and I don't watch it, own it, or want it, in fact I wish they made a Double Pack with lots of special features, but you can't get all the good special features without 3 and 4 included. Alien Resurrection was crap, but I think it had "some" okay ideas, not a lot, but I would rather watch Resurrection than 3. I had fun with AVP, but it is heavily flawed and I can see why people hate it. AVPR was poorly done and the characters were very flat, the only good part was the Wolf Predator. I like Prometheus, but has some flaws, and I wish Scott made it a direct prequel to Alien and still make a franchise out of it, but David was the best part. I like Covenant, but again, has some flaws, mostly because Scott was trying to rectify the backlash he had with Prometheus not having Aliens, and again, David was the best part. The problem with the prequels was Scott wanted to focus on the Space Jockeys, and when that tanked he focused on Aliens, I just wish he met somewhere in the middle, and wish he just led it into Alien, tied up loose ends, and still have the story continue from there.

But back to my point, yes, I think Alien3 killed the franchise and it went nowhere but downhill from there. And I'm sure a lot of you will tell me I have bad taste or I'm the only one who thinks that or some shit like that, like every time I talk down about Alien3 on this site. So I'm just gonna ignore this topic so you can call me a freak or say no one agrees with me and I won't see it. So go ahead.

Not that you'll see this, but a lot of people have issues with Alien 3 to varying degrees, so you're hardly alone.  There's no need to get a victim complex about it.

Huggs

Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 13, 2019, 03:19:06 AM
Everyone has their own opinions.  Like what you like broheim.

Indeed. All three films in the trilogy have endings that allow them all to stand on their own.

Ah, but Alien 3: AC. That dark and gothic masterwork. I do love it so.  ;D

Necronomicon II

Alien 3 while certainly flawed is great in my book. Grungy, gothic and nihilistic but with a beautiful arc for Ripley. It's a satisfying close to the Ripley canon. The real Ripley.  :D

Fleshwound

If anything hurt this franchise it was Fox. Now that Disney has it hopefully they don't screw it up and can instead right it again.

SM

Fox hurt it by continuing to spend money making movies...?

Kradan

Quote from: Huggs on Sep 13, 2019, 04:01:08 AM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 13, 2019, 03:19:06 AM
Everyone has their own opinions.  Like what you like broheim.

Indeed. All three films in the trilogy have endings that allow them all to stand on their own.

Ah, but Alien 3: AC. That dark and gothic masterwork. I do love it so.  ;D

YEAH !!!!!

razeak

Quote from: SM on Oct 03, 2019, 04:23:10 AM
Fox hurt it by continuing to spend money making movies...?

I think it's fair to say they continued to make the films, but diminishing quality still damages the franchises marketability.

Samhain13

Samhain13

They continued to spend money making movies that would give them enough profit to justify the investment, not caring in regards to their quality.

Huggs

Alien = Coca Cola

Aliens = Pepsi

Alien 3: TC = Diet Coke

Alien 3: AC = Sprite

Alien: Resurrection = Orange Faygo

Prometheus = Diet Water

Alien: Covenant = Urine Sample

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Huggs on Oct 04, 2019, 02:21:52 AM
Alien = Coca Cola

Aliens = Pepsi

Prometheus = Diet Water

I better not ask what the diarrhea is  :laugh:

Edit: BTW! Sprite is your favorite soft drink?

Huggs

I actually don't drink soft drinks but 2 or 3 times a year.

I prefer sprite, but it's mere coincidence that I chose it for Alien 3 though.

It isn't the same as coke, but it's equally good.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Oct 04, 2019, 02:21:52 AM
Alien = Coca Cola

Aliens = Pepsi

Prometheus = Diet Water

Diet Water??? What the hell is Diet Water??? Half the sugar of regular water?

:laugh:

The Kurgan

Is he implying Prometheus is a scam?   :P

Samhain13

I can't tell if Huggs is saying Prometheus is good or bad.

Huggs

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 04, 2019, 02:19:24 PM

Diet Water??? What the hell is Diet Water??? Half the sugar of regular water?

:laugh:

They took something that was already good for you, and drained all the goodness out of it.

It's neither here nor there. It looks legit, but it's just a bottle full of lies and empty promises.

Prometheus

AKA:

Spoiler
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed