Alien 3 - Third Cut enhanced re-edit by 15Maf

Started by BringbackJonesy!, Jun 28, 2019, 03:59:18 PM

Author
Alien 3 - Third Cut enhanced re-edit by 15Maf (Read 41,572 times)

BringbackJonesy!

BringbackJonesy!

The movie's storyline and setting may be divisive, but this particular re-edit of it is terrific!

Alien 3: Third Cut is a satisfying mixture of the 'Theatrical' and 'The Assembly Cut' with some added spit and polish, making it the best version I've come across.I've always preferred the notion of the alien being born from a rottweiler as opposed to an ox, and the 'dog-burster' scenes are much more compelling I reckon.  But it's the likes of 15MaF's re-grading and enhancements along the way which really make this a comprehensive 'special edition' for me, with an improved look to the alien shots overall, especially during the iconic moment in the infirmary when it goes right up to Ripley's face - I included the shot above so that it's possible to see the added drool as it moves towards Ripley, which now ties in much better when we cut to the drooling alien head prop close-up.  It should enlarge a little if you click on it - the re-grading, enhancements, and re-framing done to this somewhat dodgy effects shot all combine to make it far more effective now.  In fact all the other 'puppet' shots of the alien are improved with a bit of re-grading now.

And extra kudos for the way the various EEV shots have been melded together nicely, with the creepy shot of Newt incorporated too.  Some neat subtle enhancements to tie things seamlessly together there.

Ripley's fall from the finale of 'The Assembly Cut' is enhanced a bit too, so that we see her disintegrate a little before she disappears.

All in all, this is the definitive version of the movie for me now.  ;D

Perfect-Organism

Intriguing, where can we see it?

The Old One

The Old One

PM OP.

Local Trouble

The Old One

The Old One

I received no PM.

Whiskeybrewer

colour me intrigued

The Old One

Local Trouble

Did you watch it?

The Old One

The Old One

I'm waiting on an email. I'll inform you if I ever receive a reply.

Local Trouble

I look forward to you covering it in your next report.

BringbackJonesy!

BringbackJonesy!

I've been distracted since my original post about this, but it's good to see that The Old One has 'spoiler' linked to 15MaF's full edit descriptions, as I was intending to link to those exact same descriptions which I came across at a different site.

Unfortunately, the link I found to the edit itself expired just after I posted about this great version.  But the good news is that I should be able to locate another working link shortly.  I'll post here again when do, and will certainly pass it on to those that have already messaged me for it, and anyone else who wishes to have it..

Whiskeybrewer

The Old One

The Old One

I'd advise updating your original post when you do BringbackJonesy! I'll host it if it's good enough on my Google Drive for the foreseeable future so if the link goes down, just PM my profile on AVPG.

BringbackJonesy!

BringbackJonesy!

To all those that have posted here and those that sent me a message about this, I've now had a chance to PM all of you a working link. ;D

@ The Old One - As this link is NOT to be posted here or on any other site, anyone else who wishes to get it will need to ask here or PM me directly for it.  But yeah, that would be good if you could store this edit in your own Google Drive folder for the foreseeable future as a backup, as I don't know how how many days this particular link will last, and may not be able to get another one.  Enjoy.

The Old One

The Old One

Will do.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed