The most memorable quote in the Alien Franchise

Started by Beatnation, Dec 29, 2017, 02:14:12 PM

Author
The most memorable quote in the Alien Franchise (Read 16,171 times)

Corporal Hicks

For me it was Dillion's speech in Alien 3.

In terms of the general public...I'm sure Hudson's quotes. Any of his dialogue.

Still Collating...

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 02, 2018, 08:45:36 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTBbuQmeWvM

In terms of the general public...I'm sure Hudson's quotes. Any of his dialogue.

I can't say if it's the most memorable for me, but it sure is my favorite piece of dialog. For some reason I can never forget Hudson's hilarious line:" I say we grease this rat-f*ck-son-of-a-b*tch right now!"
Though I believe over time, one of David's quotes will be my favorite.

OpenMaw

David is very quotable and Fassbender's tonality and cadence are great. I would love to see a movie with mostly just him being David and doing mad science. Bridged together with narration of his diary that he's keeping. Like a science fiction Cast Away mixed with Dr. Moreau.

I do love Dillons speech from Alien 3, Hicks, but I have to say that the edited version from the theatrical cut is the better version. I think the extended speech isn't nearly as elegant.

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 02, 2018, 08:45:36 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTBbuQmeWvM

I always feel so pumped after that speech I could run thru a brick wall  :laugh:

Kurai

Many of the good ones have been taken so I'ma gonna go with

Vermillion

"Die Motherf&@ker!!!"

I'm sure all of you have said that playing an FPS.

swarm87

I wanna go home and party
Can we just talk about the bonus situation?
id rather be eating something else, but right now ill just stick to food
you ever been mistaken for a man?
it wasn't me it was the dragon
cigarettes!!

even through its the most well known i fell that " get away from her you bitch" has become almost cringe worthy as its used in nearly every aliens youtube video and is parodied so often that when the queen hisses right after it lines up with a collective "shaking head facepalm groan" from the audience

Beatnation

Beatnation

Quote from: swarm87 on Jan 06, 2018, 01:28:55 PM
I wanna go home and party
Can we just talk about the bonus situation?
id rather be eating something else, but right now ill just stick to food
you ever been mistaken for a man?
it wasn't me it was the dragon
cigarettes!!

even through its the most well known i fell that " get away from her you bitch" has become almost cringe worthy as its used in nearly every aliens youtube video and is parodied so often that when the queen hisses right after it lines up with a collective "shaking head facepalm groan" from the audience

Really cringe worthy, mainly for the abuse of some fanS.

Anyway, I always asked myself, Ripley say that one liner expecting the Alien Queen understand what she said and inmediatly leaves Newt and comes for her?? IIRC she already grab Queen's atention since the doors open or I'm cofusing scenes??

SM

She shouldn't show any anger or determination?

Beatnation

Beatnation

Quote from: SM on Jan 09, 2018, 03:44:18 AM
She shouldn't show any anger or determination?

The determination of say one liner instead attacking her instantly??

Ok...

Back to the topic, I love the way this line is delivered:

"I think I found Vincent!"

SM

It's a challenge.  By that rationale, the Queen shouldn't hiss and scream at Ripley either.

tleilaxu

This is one of my favorite pieces of dialogue from Covenant: "When you close your eyes, do you dream of me?" "I don't dream at all."

Quote from: Jonesy1974 on Dec 29, 2017, 07:32:27 PM
I can't lie to you about your chances, but...you have my sympathies.

Quote from: Elmazalman on Dec 29, 2017, 07:52:45 PM
"It's structural perfection is matched only by it's hostility."

PERFECT ORGANISM

Beatnation

Beatnation

Quote from: SM on Jan 09, 2018, 07:42:35 PM
It's a challenge. By that rationale, the Queen shouldn't hiss and scream at Ripley either.

In that case Ripley should be smarter and just attack the Queen faster so she can distract her attention from Newt that is what she wants in first place.

Anyhow when you say "by that rationale" we talking about humans not Aliens, the Aliens almost always do that hiss and scream before killing his victims right? they're animals. Ripley it's a full grown human, she should know better, but whatever, that fight it's a joke anyway.

SM

PsyKore

In Alien 3, when Ripley's asking Bishop if there was an alien on board, and his reply is, "It was with us all the way." I love that. I think it's because there's so much substance with regards to the alien just from that little statement. This creature that has plagued her, the threat, it's complete brutality, it's with her (and us) all the way. For me, the statement also echoes Ash's reply of "You can't" when asked how do they kill it. It's little touches like that in the earlier films that really reinforce the alien's terror.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed