Is Alien 3 Special Edition as much of a classic as Alien and Aliens?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Jun 10, 2017, 01:51:49 AM

Is the Special Edition version of Alien 3 worthy of being in the same vein as Alien and Aliens?

Yes
No
Author
Is Alien 3 Special Edition as much of a classic as Alien and Aliens? (Read 28,711 times)

LastSurvivor92

LastSurvivor92

I personally think so. I think the Special Edition of Alien 3 is right up there with the first two.

Local Trouble

SM

Theatrical Cut is better and that's not even close to the first two flicks.

StrangeShape

No. I prefer theatrical cut for many reasons that I already gave many times here over the years. But my perfect cut would be a mix of the two. I love Alien 3 right up there with the other two, and for me the trilogy is just one brilliant story, I love how different each movie is and cant stress enough how much I love A3, but as far as A3 I think its the only movie I can think of where I prefer the theatrical cut over any extended/special edition

Scorpio

Alien is the classic.  Both Aliens and Alien 3 needed their extended cuts to flesh out the story a bit more, as the theatrical versions while well paced are a bit choppy.  So there's a great film in there but you have to see both versions to appreciate it.

Alionic

SM

The Theatrical Cut of Alien 3 is better than the Special Edition of Alien 3.

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SM on Jun 10, 2017, 02:12:53 AM
Theatrical Cut is better and that's not even close to the first two flicks.
Essentially.

I love some bits of the AC (namely the added Clemens stuff) but it makes the Alien so f**king dumb it's not even funny.

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: SM on Jun 11, 2017, 08:33:13 AM
The Theatrical Cut of Alien 3 is better than the Special Edition of Alien 3.

Valaquen

For some fans, maybe, but as a whole it's still a maligned and largely ignored film (unless people are bringing up its tortured production; a far more interesting story than the film itself). Only Alien (and some horror fans) seem interested in the movie.

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 11, 2017, 04:19:36 PM
For some fans, maybe, but as a whole it's still a maligned and largely ignored film (unless people are bringing up its tortured production; a far more interesting story than the film itself). Only Alien (and some horror fans) seem interested in the movie.

True, but I also run into a lot of fans of David Fincher who like Alien 3. I've been told by a friend who really likes his films that Alien 3 definitely has his visual signature along with the cinematography. I can agree.

StrangeShape

Quote from: Chronicle on Jun 11, 2017, 07:06:09 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 11, 2017, 04:19:36 PM

True, but I also run into a lot of fans of David Fincher who like Alien 3. I've been told by a friend who really likes his films that Alien 3 definitely has his visual signature along with the cinematography. I can agree.
and a VERY well defined feel and tone

Vermillion

Aliens theatrical cut is perfect the way it was presented.
The Directors cut really didn't need to explain anything further.

Lonely Universe

LastSurvivor92

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed