In your opinion do you think Alien 3 killed the franchise?

Started by Aliens1986fanboy, Aug 29, 2019, 09:56:05 AM

Author
In your opinion do you think Alien 3 killed the franchise? (Read 33,936 times)

Voodoo Magic

Is the feeling that any cut of Alien3 is better than the prequels really controversial?

Kradan

Alien 3 TC < Prometheus < Alien 3 AC = Alien Covenant

IMO

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 12, 2019, 03:19:01 PM
Is the feeling that any cut of Alien3 is better than the prequels really controversial?

Not really controversial here, but in the public eye it's still remembered as the first bad one and the beginning of the end.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Kurgan on Oct 12, 2019, 03:23:31 PM

Not really controversial here, but in the public eye it's still remembered as the first bad one and the beginning of the end.

Yep, I can't argue with that.  I was just trying to grapple with the current conversation.  :)

Adam802

No it didn't kill it, in fact it's grown on me over the years and I actually consider it the last "true" Alien film.  It was certainly a big step down from Alien and Aliens though.  Resurrection, AvP Requiem, and the prequels did way more to "kill" the franchise if anything.   

judge death

Would say Alien 3 was the height of the alien series popularity, the hype and media coverage for it was massive and could see the Alien 3 logo in most comics and posters before the release and tv commercials, then comics and games to almost all systems, way more games than any other alien game before or since.

SM

And then it was released.

judge death

Jarac

Quote from: The Kurgan on Oct 12, 2019, 03:23:31 PM

Yup. In the eyes of the public, it was the beginning of the end.

The Old One

The Old One

The public is... questionable to say the least, most of all it's reactionary, and therefore untrustworthy.

Allan Yelpir

It does kill it but in a satisfying way. The `Ripley-Saga´ ends with a tear dropping .. Regarding not the Alien as a antagonist but The Company.

I hate the idea that every unique character or creature must be franchised to its death. Why is there no `5th Element´, `Totall Recall´ or  `Event Horizon´ (despite the rumored show) franchise? Because they are stand-alone movies in their matter. Fan fiction in comics, games and novels are good ways to theorize and expand the worlds with everyones imagination.

Every new installment in a franchise demystifies previous events (sadly in `Terminator´ as well as the New Alien-Trilogy). I consider myself as a fan of the classic trilogy. Unhappy to say it´s becoming like `Star Wars´ .. it depends on a generation. 

SM

There's no Event Horizon franchise because it tanked something chronic.

Stitch

Quote from: SM on Oct 19, 2019, 08:55:20 PM
There's no Event Horizon franchise because it tanked something chronic.
Which is a damn shame because it's awesome.

HuDaFuK

Makes me laugh when people ask if Alien 3 "killed" the franchise.

We got another film five years later.

SiL

And another five films since.

Quote from: Allan Yelpir on Oct 19, 2019, 01:35:52 PM
Why is there no ... `Totall Recall´ ... franchise?
There was a TV show, actually.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed