Started by MrSpaceJockey, Dec 08, 2013, 07:04:59 PM

Author
Sulaco Size? (Read 7,837 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 13, 2013, 11:27:00 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 13, 2013, 09:53:53 PM
Why? Should I not have?

No, but long years of experience dealing with intractable fanboys have made me cynical.  I'm glad to see you're not one of "them."  :)
I may have some wacky opinions on certain things ("canon", etc) but by and large I try to be reasonable. :)

SM

SM

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Dec 13, 2013, 07:40:13 PM
Quote from: SM on Dec 12, 2013, 09:59:44 PM
Dietrich is on screen whent he line it spoke and her mouth isn't moving, however.

Yeah just watched the scene and your right her lips don't move.  However, I do believe it's her as it sounds more like her than Vasquez to me. 

There's also an error in that scene regarding Wierzbowski.  As Apone says his line "Crow Wierzbowski Come on Ski, on your feet!" we see Wierzbowski is already at his locker so Apone couldn't have been talking to him.

Same again happens later on inside the hive Apone asks for Wierzbowski's ammo clip after walking past him.  Wierzbowski has a flame thrower not a pulse rifle.  Sorry to go off topic.

I always thought the "give it upski" was a type of faux Russian slang that seemed to be around during the 1980s.  I didn't think it referred specifically to Wierzbwoski.

Powerloader

Powerloader

Quote from: SM on Dec 14, 2013, 04:07:15 AM
Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Dec 13, 2013, 07:40:13 PM
Quote from: SM on Dec 12, 2013, 09:59:44 PM
Dietrich is on screen whent he line it spoke and her mouth isn't moving, however.

Yeah just watched the scene and your right her lips don't move.  However, I do believe it's her as it sounds more like her than Vasquez to me. 

There's also an error in that scene regarding Wierzbowski.  As Apone says his line "Crow Wierzbowski Come on Ski, on your feet!" we see Wierzbowski is already at his locker so Apone couldn't have been talking to him.

Same again happens later on inside the hive Apone asks for Wierzbowski's ammo clip after walking past him.  Wierzbowski has a flame thrower not a pulse rifle.  Sorry to go off topic.

I always thought the "give it upski" was a type of faux Russian slang that seemed to be around during the 1980s.  I didn't think it referred specifically to Wierzbwoski.

Nataly Von Is Going To Give You The Ultimate Upski.. Is Nataly Von Russian?

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: SM on Dec 14, 2013, 04:07:15 AM

What makes me think he was referring to Wierzbowski is the fact that he calls him Ski during his "...come on Ski on your feet" line. 

SM

SM

And you may be right.

Such is the pitfalls with ad libbed ADR.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

The first few times I saw Aliens, I thought Hicks was saying "Where's Bowksi?!  Where's Bowski?!"

Cool story bro?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 14, 2013, 10:13:01 PM
Then first few times I saw Aliens, I thought Hicks was saying "Where's Bowksi?!  Where's Bowski?!"

Cool story bro?
You're not the only one. :P

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Thanks, Lebowski.  :)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 14, 2013, 10:13:01 PM
Then first few times I saw Aliens, I thought Hicks was saying "Where's Bowksi?!  Where's Bowski?!"
Same here.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

We should form a club.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed