Which three Alien films would you rather watch in one sitting?

Started by Frosty Venom, Sep 30, 2018, 07:21:54 AM

Which trio of films is better?

Prometheus, Alien Covenant and Alien
44 (52.4%)
Aliens, Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection
40 (47.6%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Author
Which three Alien films would you rather watch in one sitting? (Read 20,651 times)

Huggs

Quote from: SiL on Oct 28, 2018, 08:55:33 PM
Damaging it would cause a hull breach.

Damn, Parker with the mega prod 5000. Swingin' that thing like a beast.

I know, the acid blood. Still, I'd want something alittle more...sufficient. I certainly wouldn't let a crewmate go alone, especially a friend.

windebieste

Quote from: whiterabbit on Oct 28, 2018, 08:18:30 PM
Brett had the prod when Jonesy escaped but I don't remember seeing him with it when the Alien takes him.

Would have loved to see him whack the Alien with it.  That woulda been stupid funny.

He went off to find Jones.  I don't think the idea was to shove the thing in the cat's face a 2nd time. lol.  Parker had it.  I am sure he drops it when he looks up and is covered in Brett's blood. 

-Windebieste.

SiL

Quote from: Huggs on Oct 28, 2018, 09:06:02 PM
I know, the acid blood. Still, I'd want something alittle more...sufficient.
But they couldn't. That was literally the point?

Huggs

Quote from: SiL on Oct 28, 2018, 10:08:40 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Oct 28, 2018, 09:06:02 PM
I know, the acid blood. Still, I'd want something alittle more...sufficient.
But they couldn't. That was literally the point?

Indeed. That's why I said " I'd want ". I'd rather have taken a wrench or a hammer. Something more maneuverable that can ram and crush, but not necessarily slice or poke. And to heck with orders, I'd do it covertly.

Gash

Option 1 - all day, every day.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Option 1.

whiterabbit

We should throw a monkey wrench into this debate. What if hypothetically they remade Alien and you had to watch the remake four times straight before watching the original Alien and that was the new option 1. Option 2 is still Aliens, 3, AR.

Would that change anyone minds?

The Old One

The Old One

Neither then, I never include Resurrection in my retwatches of the series.

Usually I'll watch Alien one night, or earlier in the day and then Aliens and Alien³ as a double feature.
Or Resurrection, Prometheus & Covenant individually.

razeak

razeak

I would have to go with Aliens, A3, and A:R. Less dumb choices by characters. I rank Alien and Aliens the same. Most days I cant choose which one I like more. It goes in phases. The worst of the 6 movies listed.is A:R though. The others range from okay to amazing.

My thought on Brett is that he might have witnessed the birth, but might have still had sufficient ego to think he could probably handle himself against something he assumed was still only 2 feet long, or at least run if need be, even if he was freaked out. He may have also felt that Jonesy was the sole reason the motion tracker went off. He may have also felt embarrassed to have let Parker and Ripley down by missing the cat, and cowed to their anger.

I assume if the cat ran away, and Brett had already seen the adult he would have told Parker and Ripley to go **** themselves.

The Old One

The Old One

It's still Alien, Aliens, Alien³ SE. Every Halloween, to Alien.

HuDaFuK

Of the choices given, Aliens, Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection.

Alien would be sorely missed, but I love the second and third films and the truth is I enjoy Resurrection far more than Scott's shitshow prequels.

The Old One

The Old One

I genuinely don't know, I love Alien,
I don't love Aliens, I love Alien³ SE, I don't love Resurrection.

Elmazalman

ALIEN ... always ALIEN.

The Old One

The Old One

I already knew your answer before you posted honestly. lol

Voodoo Magic

:D

Yeah with Elmazalman I knew it would be Prometheus, Alien Covenant and Alien and during the first two films he would do his taxes or organize his sock drawer.  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed