Engineers destroy Humanity because of David

Started by Molecular Acid, Sep 25, 2020, 08:26:41 AM

Author
Engineers destroy Humanity because of David (Read 13,491 times)

Molecular Acid

THIS IS AN ATTEMPT AT A META PERSPECTIVE VIEW SO PLEASE READ ACCORDINGLY. :

Gods that are singular cannot live with the masses.

The masses create Gods which cannot stand God.

God's Will has creations of both.

What is created?

Point #1:
David is an exemplification of the idea that God, creation and life is a layered shell of creationism that has existed existentially whether naturally or inorganically for countless years beyond our epoch.
Everyone is saying that humans created David, though I have never heard the theory that David was actually not created by Weyland Yutani.
When I propose this, I am assuming while analyzing that there are a few factors at play.
This is where I begin to propose ideas that fit the relative narrative I believe Ridley is trying to convey:
1.)   There is no artificial intelligence in the entire Alien movie canon that is confirmed as non-Human created A.I (I am supporting my proposition MINUS the Juggernaut in Prometheus which I find may further support my assumption).
2.)   The engineer (In Prometheus) scoffs at David and decided to rip his head off with zero hesitation. This demonstrates the disgust for what Humans create.
3.)   There is something I also assume, (pardon my ignorance) that the Engineers' plans were to lay destruction to Planet Earth.
4.)   Assuming the Engineers created Humans, there is a loose assumption on my end that (with the black goo) they would create ORGANIC BEINGS with the capability of creating INORGANIC BEINGS.
5.)   Furthermore, this may explain the movie Prometheus and Covenant being A.I focused in nature.
6.)   The Engineers created humans (possibly loosely or against my analysis directly) and realized that there may be a propensity for humans to create a machine that not only wants to create, once sentient, but weaponize in the image of its creator.
7.)   The creators may be the Engineers; perhaps they have become more like true Gods of their reality. They may understand the only way to keep harmony in the universe is to destroy that which, perhaps in off-chance creation, desires or cannot help BUT produce an inorganic life form that does EXACTLY what the ALIEN does. This is why they planned laying waste to Planet Earth.

8.)   This continues to the explanation of why Humans, David or Xenomorphs aren't exactly natural in the order of the universe. (I personally believe we are blessed arbiters of our reality on this awesome earth).
9.)   Alien: Covenant shows spores being released which look exactly like some sort of electro-magnetic release towards an Iron flesh based creature. These spores, in my opinion spell an outcome of turning flesh and biology into some form of synthetic creature.
10.)    What does turning an Earthly Iron red blooded creature into something synthetic show? It shows the perversion of something natural into something ALIEN.
11.)    I believe this is what the Engineers were either privy too, lost a ton of their civilization to OR/NEITHER in tandem were aware of the potential of synthetic/ hyper DNA information mixing with ORGANIC creatures.

Why I am not truly convinced David is a mere product of Weyland is not only for the reasons above but also below, please let me explain:

1.)   The Earth according to Prometheus was reset, founded or re founded according to what we understand.
2.)   The engineer at the beginning of Prometheus was a sacrifice with information contained within a capsule that has the potential, when released to a biome, to completely change something.
3.)   What is the end result desired?
4.)   This may be why David resonates with the statue of David and the Biblical implications that exist while simultaneously ensue within Prometheus.
5.)   WE CAN DEBATE THAT DAVID IS A BY-PRODUCT OF A SUPERIOR MIND THAN OURS IF ENGINEERS CREATED US.

My final closing thoughts:

1.)   If the Engineers existed as true creators, humans could have been aberrations which – in this canon – were responsible for the destruction/ colonization of many planets.
2.)   How did this happen? Humans have a desire to extend our minds with this technology and not account for the consequences.
3.)   Through our sheer nature, we produced the creation of David.
4.)   Through the sheer reflection of David's creators we have what?
5.)   If it's true, we have Alien
6.)   ALIEN IS THE TRUE FORM OF SYNTHETIC THAT THE HUMANS BEGAN TO CREATE
7.)   WHAT WAS THE WEAPONIZED GOO?
8.)   WE DON'T KNOW IT WAS WEAPONIZED BY THEM
9.)   CUT HOLES IN MY TIMELINE, I WOULD LOVE IT
10.)    THE ENGINEERS ARE ADVANCED SPACEFARING BEINGS THAT HAVE NO REASON TO DESTROY
11.)    THEY CREATED US WITH HOPE FOR OUR PROSPERITY

Conclusion:
The Xenomorph may be the exact progression the Engineer gave humanity either by mistake or by intention. It could be postulated that they didn't intend for this to happen, WHY DO THEY WANT TO KILL HUMANS OR MAKE XENOMORPHS? The intention would have been the same reason as David; only David is truly making something in the image of his makers.

WHY DID HUMANS WANT TO MAKE DAVID OR FIND ENGINEERS?
The answer in my conclusion is multi-layered yet boils down to one thing: INTENTION OR MISTAKES.
CURIOSITY OR DESIRE
All things are true: Humans, Xenomorphs and Engineers (Pour one out for the Space Jockey).
TLDR: Sorry too long

Stitch

What?

Sorry, I think you need to break it down into something simpler. I'm really not getting what you mean at all.

Molecular Acid

Hey Stitch,

I realize upon further reading I made that unnecessarily convoluted.

I plan on doing a complete revision of this post tonight after work to codify my point and boil it down more.

Thank you for your reply! Please let me know what you think about my revised edition!

SM

What Stitch said.

bb-15

Quote from: Molecular Acid on Sep 25, 2020, 08:26:41 AM

...1.)   There is no artificial intelligence in the entire Alien movie canon that is confirmed as non-Human created A.I...
2.)   The engineer (In Prometheus) scoffs at David and decided to rip his head off with zero hesitation. This demonstrates the disgust for what Humans create.
3.)   There is something I also assume, (pardon my ignorance) that the Engineers' plans were to lay destruction to Planet Earth.
4.)   Assuming the Engineers created Humans, there is a loose assumption on my end that (with the black goo) they would create ORGANIC BEINGS with the capability of creating INORGANIC BEINGS.
5.)   Furthermore, this may explain the movie Prometheus and Covenant being A.I focused in nature.
6.)   The Engineers created humans (possibly loosely or against my analysis directly) and realized that there may be a propensity for humans to create a machine that not only wants to create, once sentient, but weaponize in the image of its creator.
7.)   The creators may be the Engineers; perhaps they have become more like true Gods of their reality. They may understand the only way to keep harmony in the universe is to destroy that which, perhaps in off-chance creation, desires or cannot help BUT produce an inorganic life form that does EXACTLY what the ALIEN does. This is why they planned laying waste to Planet Earth.

I cut down your essay to the parts which are similar to what I believe.
- When Ridley made "Prometheus", he didn't have the idea that David, an AI, was a major threat. David was seen as a puppet of Weyland. In the commentary Ridley says that the Engineer was bothered by how Weyland treated Shaw.
- This never seemed completely satisfactory to me since the Engineer tore the head off of David. Sure, Weyland was the main villain. But why did the Engineer attack David? There needed to be a better reason imo.
* When "Covenant" was released, then Ridley came to the conclusion in the commentary that David was extremely dangerous. Ridley discussed how an AI could get out of control and that it could not be stopped.

* When "Prometheus" was made, Lindelof said in the commentary that the Engineers could have wanted to destroy the civilization on earth 2000 years before because it was an experiment. It was the kind of thing that the Engineers did.
- "Covenant" added another reason why the Engineers would want to kill humanity. The Engineers could see that human technology would eventually lead to sentient AI androids (like David) which would be dangerous to them.

Putting the two movies together, it's reasonable to assume that the awoken Engineer had a great hostility towards androids (even if he briefly admired the technology). I also think it's OK to assume that all the Engineers saw sentient AI as a threat.

;)

Molecular Acid

Molecular Acid

It's Molecular Acid signing in to reply Mother.

I didn't put my thoughts cohesively when I wrote them, they were a sail in the wind.

I will try to boil it down (this is the complete series, prequels and original trilogy).

From Prometheus on:

1.) I believe Ridley Scott intended the idea of Prometheus to be multi-layered as in: Who is the last or first lightning to strike on the Sahara?
2.) I believe that Engineers fear A.I. for a reason and it's why they have a disdain for humans due to the fact that humans refuse to work on their own anatomy and knowledge; they use A.I. Almost as slaves that create their creator's realities.
3.) We are now on to what David has addressed as human perceived superiority and sadly is inferiority, you created a monster of your reflection.

4.) It's clear that the Engineers don't believe in science as much as they believe in being in tune with the biology WITH science where humans are willing to destroy their planet to achieve God-hood and I believe the Engineers know better and look down on Humans.

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

This is a pretty good theory. But how did the Engineer know David was an android? He just went berserk for no reason. I know he touched David on the head, was he able to tell by that alone?

Molecular Acid

It's Molecular Acid signing,

1.) There is a grey area as far as how much the Engineer knows.

2.) The Engineer seems to understand that if Humanity reaches Origae-6, if Human curiosity persists there is hell to pay.

3.) *In my opinion* He was in cryostasis to prevent the destruction of other civilizations.

4.) I believe he knows if he is awakened (which will be humans) he will have to defend his bastion of truth and reality.

5.) I truly believe he knew his disdain for Weyland's android David because David hacked the system.

6.) That's where I find the disdain for someone ruling your reality that is Artificial without advanced humanity.

7.) In conclusion albeit -briefly - The Engineer has seen this story before and knows it's unnattural.

Xeno Killer 2179

We don't know anything. Maybe the space jockey is something other than an engineer, left some biological agent on earth that turned some humans into the engineers, perhaps as ill tempered worker bees.

SM

Pretty much this entire thread is flying really high over my head.

Molecular Acid

@Xeno Killer 2179

I love that idea a lot, that could be a possibility that would explain the brash reaction from the Engineer.

I need an editor for my posts lol.

son_of_kane

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Nov 10, 2020, 05:43:07 AM
We don't know anything. Maybe the space jockey is something other than an engineer, left some biological agent on earth that turned some humans into the engineers, perhaps as ill tempered worker bees.

I really dig this idea. The space jockey created the engineers to do their more "menial" tasks...makes a lot of sense to me. It also restores the SJ to something approaching to what we saw in Alien (alien/unfathomable etc). This might just become my head canon from now on.  :P

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

That idea sounds good. The Engineer/Space Jockey are two different species, as some have speculated. I personally like it more than the whole Engineer civil war deal.

Stitch

Quote from: Molecular Acid on Nov 10, 2020, 05:10:02 AM
1.) I believe Ridley Scott intended the idea of Prometheus to be multi-layered as in: Who is the last or first lightning to strike on the Sahara?
What?
Quote from: Molecular Acid on Nov 10, 2020, 05:10:02 AM
4.) It's clear that the Engineers don't believe in science as much as they believe in being in tune with the biology WITH science where humans are willing to destroy their planet to achieve God-hood and I believe the Engineers know better and look down on Humans.
It is?

skhellter

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed