Sounds like there was an alternate ending!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 02, 2018, 07:20:31 PM

Author
Sounds like there was an alternate ending! (Read 96,630 times)

whiterabbit

The Predator really is just a shell of the titular character. As tiresome as it is to say, this is Independence Day: Resurgence unwanted.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Wweyland on Dec 31, 2018, 09:10:20 AM
Dutch or Royce would have kind of made sense (hell, even Harrigan), but this is just very random.

Royce or Alice would have been perfect actually. Even if Black was saying this was set before Predator. But nothing on screen says that so it could have worked

Perfect-Organism

The armor makes more sense than Royce, Dutch, Harrigan, and certainly more than Ripley.

Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day.  Teach a man to fish, he'll never go hungry.  With the predator tech that was gifted to humanity, humans can make more sets of armor to defend themselves.

The Kurgan

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Dec 31, 2018, 02:47:30 PM
The armor makes more sense than Royce, Dutch, Harrigan, and certainly more than Ripley.

Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day.  Teach a man to fish, he'll never go hungry.  With the predator tech that was gifted to humanity, humans can make more sets of armor to defend themselves.

I think it should have been information. About tech, their society, weaknesses, numbers, strategic assets etc. Stuff that gives you an all around edge in a potential war. Also saves on the time it takes to reverse engineer the armor to lern about tech.

Original Predator

"The moving "fingers" and "tail" were deemed too facehugger-like on the day and were cut and removed by someone"

The fact that it looked like a mechanical face hugger wasn't the problem??!??!!?  It was the moving fingers and tail!??!!?  WTF!??!?  But Ripley being attached to it isn't "too much"  ????!?!!?!?!

More confusion, more randomness-that-doesn't-make-sense.  Which actually, the irony of it all is after seeing this piece of garbage on the big screen makes perfect sense. 

RidgeTop

Quote from: Original Predator on Dec 31, 2018, 03:03:02 PM
"The moving "fingers" and "tail" were deemed too facehugger-like on the day and were cut and removed by someone"

The fact that it looked like a mechanical face hugger wasn't the problem??!??!!?  It was the moving fingers and tail!??!!?  WTF!??!?  But Ripley being attached to it isn't "too much"  ????!?!!?!?!

More confusion, more randomness-that-doesn't-make-sense.  Which actually, the irony of it all is after seeing this piece of garbage on the big screen makes perfect sense.

"This thing we obviously intended to look like a facehugger looks too much like a facehugger, let's not go with that." X)

AhabPredator

The more and more alternative endings I see, the more and more mental gymnastics have to be done to justify any of them. Including the one we got. It's exhausting.

Fleshwound

Every time I think there can't be a more ridiculous story about behind the scenes craziness in this movie, here comes another doozy.

whiterabbit

And to think the 3rd mystery ending has yet to arrive. I mean were assuming it's Arnie but one never knows. It could have been T-800 arnie.

Huggs

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jan 01, 2019, 01:38:36 AM
And to think the 3rd mystery ending has yet to arrive. I mean were assuming it's Arnie but one never knows. It could have been T-800 arnie.

I assumed it would be Dutch, until the Ripley ending. Now I assume it's a T-800.

KiramidHead

I wouldn't be surprised if someone considered putting David in the capsule. :laugh:

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 01, 2019, 02:33:53 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if someone considered putting David in the capsule. :laugh:

Fassbender might object.

KiramidHead

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 01, 2019, 02:48:59 AM

Fassbender might object.

I mean he didn't object to Covenant, so... :laugh:

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 01, 2019, 02:54:28 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Jan 01, 2019, 02:48:59 AM

Fassbender might object.

I mean he didn't object to Covenant, so... :laugh:

I was hoping someone else would say it.  ;D

Corporal Hicks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed