New Wireless 3D AvP Game

Started by Darkness, Jul 27, 2004, 05:11:45 PM

Author
New Wireless 3D AvP Game (Read 5,571 times)

Darkness

Darkness

According to IGN FilmForce, a wireless 3D Alien vs Predator game for mobile phones is being developed by Superscape. Users can play as either humans, aliens or predators where you can kill for sport or fight for your survival in an ancient pyramid under the Antartic circle.

“Kevin Roberts, CEO of Superscape says, “I am delighted to be expanding our relationship with 20th Century FOX. Alien versus Predator is targeted to be a major summer release with a huge marketing budget, supported by multi-platform games. Featuring two of cinema’s most widely recognised characters – Alien and Predator – I am sure that the new mobile game… will have instant consumer appeal.”

Full press release on the next page. Thanks to Izzet for the news.

Full Press Release from Superscape

“Superscape Group plc (LSE: SPS), leaders in revolutionary entertainment for mobile phones, announces that it has signed a licensing agreement with 20th Century FOX Licensing and Merchandising, part of FOX Entertainment, to develop a 3D wireless game based on the forthcoming Alien versus Predator film which is due for release in August 2004.”

“Under the terms of this latest agreement between the two companies (previous agreements have been announced for the development of games based on Independence Day and Fight Club), Superscape and FOX will share the revenues from the game as it is downloaded by consumers. The game will be available from all major networks for both Java and BREW handsets.”

“Alien versus Predator features the struggle between humans, predators and aliens in an Aztec temple hidden under the Antarctic Circle. The new game to be developed by Superscape takes these main themes and enables players to adopt the role of a human, a predator or an alien, thus substantially extending the lifespan and challenge of the game. Players are armed with a wide array of weapons and the ability to make many different moves. High quality animation adds to the realism and atmosphere of the game.”

“Kevin Roberts, CEO, Superscape Group plc said: "I am delighted to be expanding our relationship with 20th Century FOX. Alien versus Predator is targeted to be a major summer release with a huge marketing budget, supported by multi-platform games. Featuring two of cinema's most widely recognised characters – Alien and Predator – I am sure that the new mobile game developed using Superscape's Swerve software, will have instant consumer appeal.”

“Alien and Predator are two of the most noteworthy franchises in the Sci-fi/action-movie genre. The pitting of these iconic creatures in Alien versus Predator will be a tremendous crowd-pleaser for the fan base, young and old." said Jim Beddows, vice president of wireless entertainment for 20th Century FOX Licensing & Merchandising Division. "Superscape has already done a great job translating other theatrical releases to mobile phones, and we anticipate that Superscape will create a top-selling game for Alien versus Predator.”

“This latest contract with 20th Century FOX is an indication that Superscape's Swerve technology for the creation and delivery of industry standard 3D games on mobile phones is rapidly becoming established as the solution of choice by the world's leading entertainment companies.”

—-End Press Release—-

Blaze

Blaze

Game looks really cool but will probably be rated E  lol

G-Dog

G-Dog

Sounds cool.   LOL! that was funny.     ;D  

Rusty Nails

Rusty Nails

Aaawesome..  -Rusty Nails

Dachande

Dachande

wow.

J

J

Cool I guess.   The game they should bring out ( for all systems) is the classic arcade game Alien vs Predator, anyone who has played the knows what I mean, an absolute classic.

Saint Sinner

Saint Sinner

Was it already reported that AVP will be on HBO's "First Look" August 5th?

SENTINEL

SENTINEL

watch out guys they might come up with AVP lunch box,or a AVP toy that when you pull its string it will say "Dont do drugs" raaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, or maybe that might do a AVP 3 pc video game rated e for everyone,nahhhhh?

Terhou

Terhou

didnt read this thing too long 4 me.Im tired   :-\  

stalker666

stalker666

i want to know what the sprites look like

BIG-J

BIG-J

STALKER666 ME TOO   :D     8)  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed