Alien 3: A Sore Subject for Michael Biehn & Sigourney Weaver mourns "Hicks"

Started by Voodoo Magic, Aug 02, 2019, 08:16:36 PM

Author
Alien 3: A Sore Subject for Michael Biehn & Sigourney Weaver mourns "Hicks" (Read 31,205 times)

razeak

razeak

I'm thinking a death of Hicks scene would be similar to a certain fellow getting his brains bashed in issue 100 of Walking Dead if anyone is familiar with that panel lol.

Or big twist.  Ripley gets her skull renovated and Hicks now fills her role of being a leader, evading rape, and a sacrifice. Hicks takes Bishop II into the lead with him ala Purvis in AR. The queen burster rips through both of them as they fall. Bishop II gets the sample he wanted. Hicks whispers "Ooohrah to ashes" into his ears as the molten metal engulfs them. Turk arrives at that fateful moment, collapsing to his knees as WY Mercs close in.

Fast forward to 2013 (our new Alien 3 changed the future) and A:CM releases to critical praise (O'Neal dies in mission 1). Turk becomes as popular as Master Chief and we get yearly A:CM releases and everybody but AVPgalaxy bitches about too many Alien games saturating the market. Everything is copacetic.

I've never really speculated on the what ifs too much, but it's an entertaining exercise lol. Hicks saying Oorrah to ashes is actually the worst possible scenario imaginable.

SM

Maybe not the worst, but definitely top three.

Samhain13

Quote from: razeak on Aug 13, 2019, 01:58:35 AM
I'm thinking a death of Hicks scene would be similar to a certain fellow getting his brains bashed in issue 100 of Walking Dead if anyone is familiar with that panel lol.

Or big twist.  Ripley gets her skull renovated and Hicks now fills her role of being a leader, evading rape, and a sacrifice. Hicks takes Bishop II into the lead with him ala Purvis in AR. The queen burster rips through both of them as they fall. Bishop II gets the sample he wanted. Hicks whispers "Ooohrah to ashes" into his ears as the molten metal engulfs them. Turk arrives at that fateful moment, collapsing to his knees as WY Mercs close in.

Fast forward to 2013 (our new Alien 3 changed the future) and A:CM releases to critical praise (O'Neal dies in mission 1). Turk becomes as popular as Master Chief and we get yearly A:CM releases and everybody but AVPgalaxy bitches about too many Alien games saturating the market. Everything is copacetic.

I've never really speculated on the what ifs too much, but it's an entertaining exercise lol. Hicks saying Oorrah to ashes is actually the worst possible scenario imaginable.

Samhain13

He forgot to add the time traveling Predator Killer Newt to the story though.

The Old One

The Old One

According to the totally trustworthy superintendent. And frankly, only the officially canon entry is valid. The film.

Local Trouble

But did it have to be that way?

The Old One

The Old One

#Whinge, I think is the term.
But quoting yourself gets really old real fast y'know?
So I'll say, yes and no considering the circumstances.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Aug 13, 2019, 04:12:36 AMBut quoting yourself gets really old real fast y'know?

Saves time.  Plus, it links back to the discussion where I said it originally.  It's a win-win.  Sorry if you don't like it.

Russ

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 12, 2019, 03:55:34 PM
Hell, they could have given each cryotube its own personal escape pod and written the story so that only Ripley's crashed on Fury while the others didn't.

No Hicks.  No Newt.  No pointless deaths.  Ripley gets her solo adventure.  Mission accomplished.

</Alien3-debate>

Flawless victory, LT.

SM

Alien 3 would be better if only they just changed pretty much everything about it...

Stitch

Quote from: SM on Aug 13, 2019, 09:55:51 AM
Alien 3 would be better if only they just changed pretty much everything about it...
Naw man, A3 is brilliant!

SM

Voodoo Magic

What ifs will always come if a film is generally considered disappointing and there are people who felt let down about it. Yes, it doesn't help when Sigourney is one of those people, but as long as there are movie fans who love Alien and Aliens, Alien3 what ifs will always be. It's therapeutic.

Local Trouble

They always could have filmed Eric Red's script...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed