Aliens Colonial Marines SOUNDS, HELP

Started by AVPLGV, Aug 18, 2020, 06:20:08 PM

Author
Aliens Colonial Marines SOUNDS, HELP (Read 9,947 times)

AVPLGV

AVPLGV

Hello AVPGalaxians:

Finally I could extract all the sounds from this game for modding use in AVP2, but I have some issues to identify them.

See, I spotted four .pck files that contain (I guess) all the sounds of the game, so I extracted them with Wwise Unpacker Master and converted them into .ogg files.

Now the problem starts here, since there are more than 8,000 sound files and they're named as numbers.

KingKenny told me that modern game sounds are clustered in .pck files and they have assigned numbers, unlike old games (like AVP2, that has its sounds clustered in folders and every sound has a name).

Does anyone know an easy way to identify these sounds, that doesn't involve listening one by one?

I learned that in Predator Hunting Grounds, a recent game, has its sounds in .bnk files but there are .txt files that identify almost all sounds by its number.

KingKenny

Quote from: AVPLGV on Aug 18, 2020, 06:20:08 PM
KingKenny told me that modern game sounds are clustered in .pck files and they have assigned numbers, unlike old games (like AVP2, that has its sounds clustered in folders and every sound has a name).

Not necessarily pck files, but yes many modern games have sounds listed without proper names. Many sounds are just named as a number.

AVPLGV

So... there's no solution for this?

XSlayer300

It's like hex editing, not like I dunno how either.

FYI: The sounds for the weapons are located somewhere at the 4000 range, try to search it there if you're looking for weapons.

AVPLGV

Quote from: XSlayer300 on Aug 24, 2020, 12:47:54 AM
It's like hex editing, not like I dunno how either.

FYI: The sounds for the weapons are located somewhere at the 4000 range, try to search it there if you're looking for weapons.

I'm looking for weapons sounds but also drone, chestbuster, facehugger and queen sounds 👌🏻 I've never played the game but I watched some videos and I think the sounds would be cool in AVP2.

guidkal

Quote from: AVPLGV on Aug 18, 2020, 06:20:08 PM
Hello AVPGalaxians:

Finally I could extract all the sounds from this game for modding use in AVP2, but I have some issues to identify them.

See, I spotted four .pck files that contain (I guess) all the sounds of the game, so I extracted them with Wwise Unpacker Master and converted them into .ogg files.

Now the problem starts here, since there are more than 8,000 sound files and they're named as numbers.

Does anyone know an easy way to identify these sounds, that doesn't involve listening one by one?

I learned that in Predator Hunting Grounds, a recent game, has its sounds in .bnk files but there are .txt files that identify almost all sounds by its number.

That is awesome. Do you mind telling me how you managed to extract thesounds from ACM and get them as ogg? Until today i only read about that extracting sounds from ACM was not possible and no one pulled if of actually. As i am currently implementing my VR Aliens fan game i am very  much interested in the sounds as well. I am currently creating the sounds for the Pulse Rifle, howevr all my sound sources are polluted by other noises. So the raw sounds from ACM would be awesome to have. 

guidkal

Never mind, i did it in the meantime. For your interest: Pulse Rifle Sounds start at 4666 :) Cheers again for bringing up that extarction is possible these days.

Dijon

I've tried the above but no files appear in the OGG directory. I run the bat file as administrator and I can see the tornado at the end, but no files are extracted. Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed