Alien FX Show Weta Leak

Started by anibo, Jan 23, 2022, 11:03:37 PM

Author
Alien FX Show Weta Leak (Read 23,538 times)

Bughuntwilson

Bughuntwilson

Quote from: skhellter on Jan 24, 2022, 09:15:05 PM
AUTO REVOLUTION HYPEEEEEE

..said nobody. :laugh:

I was expecting this film to kick Resurrection out of canon but if it respects it.... thumbs up, tbh.
Hopefull we have a heavy focus on the xenomorph instead of the syntheics

SiL

SiL

I'd be impressed if it was actually the "auton uprising", but the "near future" aspect kind of kills that idea.

Bughuntwilson

Bughuntwilson

Quote from: SiL on Jan 24, 2022, 10:08:27 PM
I'd be impressed if it was actually the "auton uprising", but the "near future" aspect kind of kills that idea.
Yeah beside being set on earth the 2nd thing that will bug me is that near future hopefully they dont set a couple decades in the future

tralaritralara

tralaritralara

Not a fan. And more fleshy than mechanical, again.

Also, what's the point of a hybrid when the originals already were that?, the alien was extraterrestrial ADN that "upgraded" the original host body structure to perfection, to the point of being able to survive even in a vacuum.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: tralaritralara on Jan 25, 2022, 05:21:36 PM
Also, what's the point of a hybrid when the originals already were that?

Presumably, as in previous cases of similar things happening (a la Alien: Resurrection, and a great many comics and novels), I'd imagine it is humanity's attempt at controlling something that is so obviously beyond our control. An attempt to retrofit/reverse engineer it, to make it more like us, to try to make it a weapon or something we can connect/respond to ("cyborg enhancements or transhuman downloads") for whatever purposes Weyland-Yutani/Prodigy/etc. has in mind.

I don't see any attempts at messing with what the Alien is, on humanity's part, as an "upgrade," but rather, as humanity's way of manipulating/bastardizing the "Perfect Organism" and trying to make the Alien something that will work for us, which will always be doomed to fail.

Even going back to Prometheus' exploration of pre-history, the Engineers' attempt at controlling/working with the raw material of the Alien, the black goo Pathogen, is something that blew up in their faces and left their entire facility on LV-223 in ruins with only one survivor tucked away in stasis. Be it the Engineers or humanity (or Hell, probably even David if Covenant ever gets its followup), you can only push this stuff so far (in any form) before it turns right back around and breaks free, takes control, and leaves everything around you in total ruin.

Kradan

Kradan

Tbh, I'm a little worn out on whole "hybrids" thing as well. Looks like every piece of new Alien media gotta have one. I may be exaggerating but that's how it seems to me. I just want good old Aliens tearing people apart, is that too much to ask ?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Kradan on Jan 25, 2022, 05:47:33 PM
Tbh, I'm a little worn out on whole "hybrids" thing as well. Looks like every piece of new Alien media gotta have one. I may be exaggerating but that's how it seems to me. I just want good old Aliens tearing people apart, is that too much to ask ?

At least we aren't yet in full Kenner mode? :D

Hopefully the "cyborg" stuff doesn't quite just become Atax. ;)

Kradan

Kradan

Well, I hope. These you posted may be suitable for a dream/nightmare sequence though

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

This must be left for posterity. The Kenner Legacy! :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

IIRC it's the costume/effect test footage from the Blu-ray.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Yep! As seen in the Furious Gods documentary that comes on the bonus disc from the four disc, 3D/standard Blu-ray combo release of the film, if I recall correctly. If not in the doc itself, then on another string of bonus features on that very same disc.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I still think the Engineers looked creepy as f**k. Those completely black eyes.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

It's an interesting variant, but I wouldn't be happy to see it replace the original design.  As I said before...

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 12, 2022, 01:09:44 AMYeesh, all this optimism.  Watch them reward you all by changing everything...

Brace yourselves.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed