What future campaign(s) do you want?

Started by Inverse Effect, Sep 23, 2021, 01:28:54 AM

Author
What future campaign(s) do you want? (Read 10,739 times)

Voodoo Magic

Indeed!

The Necronoir

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 28, 2021, 01:52:07 PM
Level maker for Horde mode would be fun!

It would! Even if they were just larger modules that you could join together with corridors at pre-set points. I'd take a random map generator that worked the same way as well though, or both.

Samhain13

I want my Alien Queen Boss fight.

Immortan Jonesy

Something like this?

Samhain13

Huh maybe a fight with the powerloader.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Samhain13 on Oct 01, 2021, 12:46:23 PM

I actually personally wanted a powerloader available in some of the defense points on several levels (it's an "Aliens" game, right?), that is too big to leave the dias. And when you equip it, it makes you slower, but it's tankier and has an independent health, and when it runs out of health, it breaks, and your back on your feet. Something good to strap on when a 'miniboss' is coming.

acrediblesource

lol! The Power loader was a go to for anything in the USCM including fighting xenos....slowly.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 01, 2021, 01:04:52 PM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Oct 01, 2021, 12:46:23 PM

I actually personally wanted a powerloader available in some of the defense points on several levels (it's an "Aliens" game, right?), that is too big to leave the dias. And when you equip it, it makes you slower, but it's tankier and has an independent health, and when it runs out of health, it breaks, and your back on your feet. Something good to strap on when a 'miniboss' is coming.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: acrediblesource on Oct 01, 2021, 01:34:15 PM
lol! The Power loader was a go to for anything in the USCM including fighting xenos....slowly.

It's not something the Marines would bring on missions, but it would be found on some levels, where it was originally used for loading.

And come on, in an "Aliens" game about fun, not realism, it wouldn't be fun to strap in a Powerloader and tank, smacking hordes of Aliens with its arm... or grab a Crusher by the neck as everyone else blasts it?

BlueMarsalis79

Just bring in the military variation.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Trash Queen on Oct 01, 2021, 02:44:04 PM

That will work! :)

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

When i saw the suit i thought "yes, it would work well in an anime style" but the realistic film approach  would probably be cringe.
If it were in this game, ....it would be slightly more interesting as we would be the ones using it. Games are games though. Nobody thought they would get  Solid Snake to shoot toy frogs but they did.

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Sep 30, 2021, 11:35:43 PM
Something like this?

https://i.ibb.co/nnxycSy/alien-five-neill-blomkamp-sigourney-weaver-1272268-1280x0.jpg

BlueMarsalis79

Everyone who knows Hideo Kojima learns not to be surprised by anything after a while.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Trash Queen on Oct 01, 2021, 02:44:04 PM

Give us Alice or Max.

Hemi

Hemi

1. Procedural generated horde maps.
2. Colony+atmosphere processor campaign on the planet were weyland experimented with the pathogen on humans, creating the airborn variant David made and having it be overrun with backbursting Neomorphs and Aliens. Endboss: Neomorph Queen. Just to make it super weird lol.

Bleh. Doubt we will see any of it. There is redundant code in the datamining regarding "Patrols" with proc. generated maps linked to it, but this might all be very old code.

This game is fun, but very basic in it's core. But we can dream right?

Some day they will create the perfect Aliens game. I don't think this will be it though. Maybe part 2, who knows.

Some Old Dude

Set a whole campaign on Earth, why not.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed