New Predator Film "Skulls" to be distributed through Hulu per Thomas Bros lawyer

Started by Voodoo Magic, Jun 11, 2021, 03:16:07 AM

Author
New Predator Film "Skulls" to be distributed through Hulu per Thomas Bros lawyer (Read 28,649 times)

Enjoy

Army of the dead on netflix is pure entertainment.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Enjoy on Jun 11, 2021, 05:48:14 PM
I think this is the only way to keep pumping out stories at a steady rate.  Shows are much better quality then a lot of movies these days.

Indeed. This might be a good thing!

Quote from: Mikey on Jun 11, 2021, 04:37:56 PM
My initial thoughts here are that it's still too early to say if it will be a streaming only movie, or have some type of hybrid release. The movie JUST started filming and we know little to nothing yet.

While the court case could have specific verbiage, it might still change over time. I won't be surprised if we see a hybrid release, or POV same day release (like there's been for many years now), or maybe it does theatrical for a small limited window in Los Angeles and New York, to then a wider small week or two long release like many movie do, to then go to streaming.

My thing is it's too early to call right now, and I bet verbiage is still being worded out on how this is going to be released, as it's still not even made yet.

Voodoo, in regards to all but Bright, they all had short, limited theatrical runs for a few weeks. The movie "Upgrade" was a good example of that. Had a longer run than the other two, but I saw it in theaters, enjoyed it enough to then go home and watch it with my brother the same night on POV. Could maybe play out in that case. I'm also being optimistic, as I'd like this to be a theatrical experience. So I'm gonna wait until an official announcement is made to react to this news.

I believe The Irishman had a limited big city theatrical release too for a couple weeks. It might be how most of these big streaming movies with big stars roll even though Skulls doesn't have any big stars that we're aware of - more money to spend on production costs!

But hey, I'm still worried wondering if this film will even be completed, so I can't even worry about the nature of its release at this point.  :laugh:

PAS Spinelli

I like how Mr H just keeps reading the articles here while saying the movie will suck because it's woke

Nukiemorph

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Jun 11, 2021, 06:30:48 PM
I like how Mr H just keeps reading the articles here while saying the movie will suck because it's woke
Pretty much what his channel has become - SJW head-hunting. It's insufferable.

Nightmare Asylum

Become? That's always been his bullshit. Pretty disgusting, through and through. :-X

Nukiemorph

He at least used to have inside sources and information, but I'm pretty sure his sources got laid off in the Disney purchase. Done with him.

Nightmare Asylum

Honestly, the "ESSS JAAAYYYY DOUBLEYOUUUU" rants were more than enough to turn me off from him, even when there was some seemingly valid information.

Anyways, back on track for this movie, the streaming release kind of rubs me the wrong way... but I love the setting and Trachtenberg is great so I remain curious.

Chardron

Proteus

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 11, 2021, 08:26:30 PM
Honestly, the "ESSS JAAAYYYY DOUBLEYOUUUU" rants were more than enough to turn me off from him, even when there was some seemingly valid information.

Anyways, back on track for this movie, the streaming release kind of rubs me the wrong way... but I love the setting and Trachtenberg is great so I remain curious.

Fingers crossed Dan gets to see this all the way through and production isn't stopped.

Galactus123

Galactus123

It would probably be released in Star section of Disney+ in other parts of the world. I'm sure it would bring a lot of new subscribers. I would like a theatrical release but this might not be a bad thing. The budget can still be big.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Galactus123 on Jun 11, 2021, 09:39:47 PM
It would probably be released in Star section of Disney+ in other parts of the world. I'm sure it would bring a lot of new subscribers. I would like a theatrical release but this might not be a bad thing. The budget can still be big.

My thoughts exactly.  :)

Xiggz456

I'd be a little surprised if there wasn't also a theatrical release considering the last entry was the highest grossing film in the franchise.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Jun 12, 2021, 12:32:38 PM
I'd be a little surprised if there wasn't also a theatrical release considering the last entry was the highest grossing film in the franchise.

Can't forget inflation brother! You can't equate 1987 dollars to 2018. Predator 87 remains the box office king of the franchise. Plus it grossed 5 times it's budget!

SiL

Law of diminishing returns :(

TomT

Quote from: Enjoy on Jun 11, 2021, 05:48:14 PM
I think this is the only way to keep pumping out stories at a steady rate.  Shows are much better quality then a lot of movies these days.
Emmmm... no. Just like with movies these days, very few shows are actually good, quantity affects quality.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed