Do you think Rebellion should remaster/remake AVPGold?

Started by Inverse Effect, Nov 29, 2020, 10:55:08 PM

Author
Do you think Rebellion should remaster/remake AVPGold? (Read 9,518 times)

Inverse Effect

This should happen! Anyone else agree with me? Remake it from scratch basically upgraded graphics on UE5,

Kradan

Yeah, sure, why not. It's not like we get a lot new AvP stuff anyway

Gr33n M4n

Remake it in the Source engine.

Sol

I'd want a full on remake. Like, a new game, same storyline/concept, but completely new execution. I don't want it to be dated by walking the same 1999 halls and corridors. That form of level design and accompanying game play mechanics are not what a modern interpretation of the game should be stifled with.

molasar

No, I would rather have them to remake Jaguar's AvP which they made with Atari hired people.

Gr33n M4n

To bad that game came out on a junky console.

Sol

Quote from: molasar on Nov 30, 2020, 02:50:25 AM
No, I would rather have them to remake Jaguar's AvP which they made with Atari hired people.

AVP (Jaguar) is a relic of the early FPS "Doom-clone" days. What from that game is unique, and hasn't been improved upon in latter AVP FPS titles?

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Sol on Nov 30, 2020, 03:01:02 AM

AVP (Jaguar) is a relic of the early FPS "Doom-clone" days. What from that game is unique, and hasn't been improved upon in latter AVP FPS titles?

It seems that you do not have a clue what it really is. It is closer to Resident Evil (1996) than Doom (1993). Its open worldness, survival-horror aspects, atmosphere are not to be found in latter games. Did you play it in 1994/1995?

Sol

Quote from: molasar on Nov 30, 2020, 03:28:31 AM
Quote from: Sol on Nov 30, 2020, 03:01:02 AM

It seems that you do not have a clue what it really is. It is closer to Resident Evil (1996) than Doom (1993). Its open worldness, survival-horror aspects, atmosphere are not to be found in latter games. Did you play it in 1994/1995?

There's nothing open world about AVP, OR Resident Evil. And AVP is nothing like the original RE, either.

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Sol on Nov 30, 2020, 03:39:00 AM
There's nothing open world about AVP, OR Resident Evil. And AVP is nothing like the original RE, either.

Lol, you have not played it at all. Jaguar's AvP is an open world game, not structured by levels to progress further. And like in RE you have to tactically manage your resources, acquire access cards, find computer terminals, choose routes, etc. as the Marine. The Predator has to earn honor points to unlock better weaponry which it can loose also. And the Alien has to cocoon marines which are its life system. Also it has a seed system for spawning consumables and enemies.

Sol

Quote from: molasar on Nov 30, 2020, 03:50:54 AM
Quote from: Sol on Nov 30, 2020, 03:39:00 AM

Lol, you have not played it at all. Jaguar's AvP is an open world game, not structured by levels to progress further. And like in RE you have to tactically manage your resources, acquire access cards, find computer terminals, choose routes, etc. as the Marine. The Predator has to earn honor points to unlock better weaponry which it can loose also. And the Alien has to cocoon marines which are its life system. Also it has a seed system for spawning consumables and enemies.

None of that makes it an open world game. Like RE, which is also linear and not an open world game.

Grand Theft Auto is an Open World game. These games are not.

And for the record, I have played it. Decades ago. You just don't know what an Open World game is.

Gr33n M4n

I think he means ''open world'' as in it's less linear than games like AVP classic.

molasar

Quote from: Sol on Nov 30, 2020, 04:06:54 AM
None of that makes it an open world game. Like RE, which is also linear and not an open world game.

Grand Theft Auto is an Open World game. These games are not.

And for the record, I have played it. Decades ago. You just don't know what an Open World game is.

Lol, you do not know what an open world game is. Perhaps you mistake it with a sandbox game. And I am pretty sure you have not played it in 1994/1995. In Jag's AvP you have an access to the whole base and ships. It is not linear. Similar with RE but it is on a smaller scale.

Sol

Quote from: Phobos on Nov 30, 2020, 04:21:19 AM
I think he means ''open world'' as in it's less linear than games like AVP classic.

Are you sure? Lol

SiL

I'd say it's more Metroid/Castlevania in that you can technically explore the whole station at your whim but access to certain areas is restricted and needs to be opened by finding appropriate keys. However there is no linear structure and it's possible to complete the game without accessing all areas. There's a single overarching goal and as many ways to complete that as you choose within reason.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed