Predator Homeworld

Started by CelticP, Sep 10, 2007, 09:46:24 PM

Author
Predator Homeworld (Read 46,794 times)

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: SiL on Sep 10, 2007, 09:56:56 PM
Comics and novels, yes.

Original ALIEN script, LV-426 was the Alien's home planet.

Ain't no way they can do it right. Part of what makes these things awesome is that you don't know everything, and where they come from is the LEAST important thing you could want to know. It's totally irrelevant to the stories or the character.

Too damn right. I don't think there's any hope for Predators now.

1st They are gods in AVP. Then they are teenagers. Then they canoodle with humans. Then they become f**king superheroes in AVP2 and now were probably going to see thier homeworld.

:'(

I cherish the days when all I knew about the Predator was that it was an Alien that hunted humans. Too bad they are long gone...

Horhey

Horhey

Quote from: SiL on Sep 10, 2007, 09:56:56 PM
Comics and novels, yes.

Original ALIEN script, LV-426 was the Alien's home planet.

The Aliens on LV-426 were "not indigioness".

In the DVD commentary, Ridley Scott says he wants to show the Alien homeworld when he makes Alien 5 or 6.

SiL

SiL

Amen, brotha (Aeus).

Quote from: Horhey on Sep 10, 2007, 10:04:45 PM
Please pay close attention. Original script.

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: SiL on Sep 10, 2007, 10:01:47 PM
One comic had the Predator's homeworld as Earth.

Besides which, why is it official we'd be seeing the PREDATOR's world? Dun dun dun.

I'm beggining to assume to worst with this movie.

Demonio Cazador

Demonio Cazador

Awesome news!!!
I think we're in for a ride guys!!!

PredaNinja

PredaNinja

I wouldn't be a bad idea...But I like what the one poster suggested; that they show 'Wolf' coming from another planet to go to Earth.

But I guess the Predator home world will be full with something like those pyrimads in AvP.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: Horhey on Sep 10, 2007, 10:04:45 PMThe Aliens on LV-426 were "not indigioness".

In the DVD commentary, Ridley Scott says he wants to show the Alien homeworld when he makes Alien 5 or 6.

Might want to use spellcheck...anyways, that's what Ridley says. O'Bannon, the scriptwriter, says otherwise. Considering we're talking about original intention, I wouldn't invest much into Ridley's comments considering he may never direct another Alien film for all we know.

Horhey

Horhey

Quote from: SiL on Sep 10, 2007, 10:06:36 PM
Amen, brotha (Aeus).

Quote from: Horhey on Sep 10, 2007, 10:04:45 PM
Please pay close attention. Original script.

Yea, I saw it the first time.

azerty

azerty

Aeus it won't be that bad  ;) Isn't it a bit stupid to think that everything will be revealed in a scene of probably 10 minutes or a lot less...

The homeworld itself can be very mystifying(sp?) too
F.E. Lv-426 we saw that planet/moon and the crew left it with the viewers knowing nothing about it

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Horhey on Sep 10, 2007, 10:10:57 PM
And yet you didn't bother to acknowledge it.

Horhey

Horhey

Quote from: SiL on Sep 10, 2007, 10:13:10 PM

Becouse the idea was scrapped so its irrelevant.

CelticP

CelticP

I say its official, because A: What other planet will they go to? Cant do Alien...cuz, we dont know where THEY come from...and B: OFFICIAL brings in more people.... ;)

redxavier

redxavier

It's probably just another planet where Wolf is engaging in an hunt. Might be fun to see another creature.

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: azerty on Sep 10, 2007, 10:12:42 PM
Aeus it won't be that bad  ;) Isn't it a bit stupid to think that everything will be revealed in a scene of probably 10 minutes or a lot less...

The homeworld itself can be very mystifying(sp?) too
F.E. Lv-426 we saw that planet/moon and the crew left it with the viewers knowing nothing about it

Predator's are extemely similar to humans. They more we learn about them, they more human and the less frightening they become. Seeing thier homeworld? f**k. We might aswell have Predator 3 depict Predator's playing poker with thier human buddies.

Quote from: Horhey on Sep 10, 2007, 10:14:42 PM
Quote from: SiL on Sep 10, 2007, 10:13:10 PM

SiL

SiL

Quote from: CelticP on Sep 10, 2007, 10:15:07 PM
Cant do Alien...cuz, we dont know where THEY come from...

[/quote]
Quote from: Horhey on Sep 10, 2007, 10:14:42 PM
How does that make the comment that it was the Alien's home world in the original script invalid? And no, the idea was never really scrapped. We still don't know where they came from.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed