The Reviews/Interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Feb 11, 2013, 02:17:39 PM

Author
The Reviews/Interviews Thread (Read 141,578 times)

robbritton

robbritton

'Cause they wanted to believe it might be good, and it's hard to let that go. When SO MUCH of the Alien franchise post 1986 had been disappointing it can be hard to hear you heart is going to be broken again. Just at a guess, like.

Elicas

Elicas

Not because we wanted to believe it might be good, but because it f**king damn well should be great! One of the best sci fi horror/action franchises in the history of cinema, and we can't get a decent game for it in nearly 12 years or a decent film for it in the best part of 20 years now?

Seriously, this should be a f**king goldmine of awesome gaming, it's a tragedy that it isn't.

SPECIAL FORCES

Quote from: ikarop on Feb 11, 2013, 07:36:22 PM
Quote from: SPECIAL FORCES on Feb 11, 2013, 07:29:15 PM
Do we have the score of AvP2010 that those magazines ect gave to it? So we compare with ACM.
PS3Gen gave AvP a 7/10. Haven't checked the rest.

You can check here for future ones: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=27037.0

Thank you.

Bjørn Half-hand

So PS3Gen gave AVP2010 7/10 and A:CM 5/10

Elicas

Elicas

Quote from: Bjørn Half-hand on Feb 11, 2013, 08:11:18 PM
So PS3Gen gave AVP2010 7/10 and A:CM 5/10

Can't find the other sites who have reviewd A:CM so far on the AVP10 list.

Apex

Apex

Quote from: N3ONPORCUPINE on Feb 11, 2013, 07:54:21 PM
Well I figured since the game is coming out tomorrow that someone would have an official video review up by now. Anyways this is what I found.  :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dPF8jpItCs#ws

I laughed so hard when they showed the Wii U footage!!! Hope they like AVP2!!!

Samus007

Samus007

Quote from: Elicas on Feb 11, 2013, 08:01:29 PM
Not because we wanted to believe it might be good, but because it f**king damn well should be great! One of the best sci fi horror/action franchises in the history of cinema, and we can't get a decent game for it in nearly 12 years or a decent film for it in the best part of 20 years now?

Seriously, this should be a f**king goldmine of awesome gaming, it's a tragedy that it isn't.

Agreed.

Just saw this on IGN: "Aliens: Colonial Marines hits stores tomorrow. Look out for IGN's review at 1:00 a.m. Pacific"

Mihail

Mihail

First Prometheus now this... what did we do to deserve this? >:(

Bjørn Half-hand

I really wanted this to be good but after reading reviews, watching Youtube reviews and walkthroughs and hearing their opinions I have to admit the truth of it.

Jonesy23

Jonesy23

It's two 7's against a 5 and a 4 so far. I'd say that sounds like a good count so far. I always remain positive until I actually have it in my hands. Sure, it's lead to games like Raccoon City being in my possession but hey you only know if you like something if you try it first.

Elicas

Elicas

Quote from: Jonesy23 on Feb 11, 2013, 09:29:49 PM
It's two 7's against a 5 and a 4 so far. I'd say that sounds like a good count so far. I always remain positive until I actually have it in my hands. Sure, it's lead to games like Raccoon City being in my possession but hey you only know if you like something if you try it first.

Ikarops main post shows a four, five, six and a seven, with one bad review with no score. Not two sevens. That's far from a good count.

Jonesy23

Jonesy23

I've honestly seen two or three sevens not posted on this site. I don't mean to make a big argument out of it, I'm just saying what I saw is all.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: Bjørn Half-hand on Feb 11, 2013, 07:40:36 PM
No doubt a whole bunch of people are going to totally ignore negative reviews, only take the positive from mixed reviews and praise the positive reviews, completely ignoring the games faults or making excuses for them, or simply saying ''never cared about graphics, story, AI, never thought it'd be best game ever, a 6 out of 10 game sounds good to me''. Oh the denial.
The averge review score so far is 5.7 out of 10

It's not denial. I never base AI in my score tally. I don't think the AI in Halo 4 is overly great at time. It's not stellar in ACIII either. Same with graphics. I am more about story, gameplay (SP and MP), replay value, sound, etc.

Jonesy23

Jonesy23

I don't think a lot of people are in denial, I think they're just like me in wanting to have a go at it for themselves before they critique it. I've really never cared about graphics though, but I will admit the story is spotty in a lot of places and the game has some bugs that will likely be fixed overtime.

Elicas

Elicas

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Feb 11, 2013, 09:41:08 PM
Quote from: Bjørn Half-hand on Feb 11, 2013, 07:40:36 PM
No doubt a whole bunch of people are going to totally ignore negative reviews, only take the positive from mixed reviews and praise the positive reviews, completely ignoring the games faults or making excuses for them, or simply saying ''never cared about graphics, story, AI, never thought it'd be best game ever, a 6 out of 10 game sounds good to me''. Oh the denial.
The averge review score so far is 5.7 out of 10

It's not denial. I never base AI in my score tally. I don't think the AI in Halo 4 is overly great at time. It's not stellar in ACIII either. Same with graphics. I am more about story, gameplay (SP and MP), replay value, sound, etc.

You should always base AI in your score, it's the thing that makes the game re-playable. It doesn't matter how many shinies they put in a game, how good the gameplay is or whether the story could have been a novel best seller, if the AI you're up against is shit the whole thing falls down.

It's like playing an RTS that only understands tank rushes, or playing a 4x game where the AI doesn't research or explore but only builds fleets, or playing the latest Madden where your opposition only knows one play, or playing Mortal Kombat and the AI only knows three move combos. Games flop without a good AI to run up against (unless of course they are dedicated MP only games), this game could have so many of it's bad points forgiven if it had given you authentic Aliens, moving in sneaky, smart and unbuggy ways.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed