Anyone else dissapointed that no xenos will be in Prometheus?

Started by ackling17, May 08, 2012, 03:39:27 AM

Author
Anyone else dissapointed that no xenos will be in Prometheus? (Read 15,299 times)

sagans bongwater

Quote from: AVP-CAPCOM on May 20, 2012, 09:32:10 PM
I disagree- the above you mentioned were merely the familiar elements of the ALIEN universe.

You could have a new species for example what about an ALIEN-GENERAL that commands greater tactics of the Xenomorph during swarm warfare?
What about learning about the complex structure of the ALIEN hive- are victims merely cocooned or are their bodies acting as a power/food/neural network source for the ALIENS?
What about new speciies of ALIENS like "headcrabs" that take over the victims body- what about new ways of humans reproducing more than one ALIEN (vicitims bodies regenerate only to chestburst again?)
What about new ALIENS that are half biomechanical or take note from Giger's earlier designs.
What about human/Xenomorph hybrids that reproduce with humans to insert spies into the human populace via sexy looking (but strange mannerism) women.
What about new guns, ships-power armour.

Personally speaking I don't think the subsequent movies after ALIEN-ALIENS have scratched the surface

Is this a serious post orrr

Qwertify

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 20, 2012, 06:28:42 AM
There's a reason Ridley chose not to pursue the idea of the Alien tearing off Ripley's head and using it as a ventriloquist's doll... He was right not to do so. Rewatch the original, like I did earlier today. Then try to imagine it. It would have looked severely out of place and even bordered on unintentional comedy.

Yeah - undoubtedly. We are only interested in this so far as Ridley thought that the Alien was quite intelligent. Would the ending have fit? No. Is it important to consider how intelligent the Alien is? Very much.

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 20, 2012, 06:28:42 AM
However, I've often thought that they might simply only be one 'component' of something in the cave/derelict, which, if placed together, might have represented a completely different system. Something the Aliens are meant to somehow co-ordinate with, which would give them a different, more selective purpose.

For all we know, it might have contained an entire ecosystem of all different biomechanical things and the resin they secrete might be intended to somehow link to something else. After all, it does seem to configure itself into a much more structure formation over time, not at all unlike the interior of the derelict, itself.

Aliens might simply be just one component of something. Things which clear out and use biological matter and allow whatever the next stage is, to begin. Just because we didn't get a good look at what was around the cave's bend, doesn't mean there wasn't more than eggs in there. Or at least... Eggs with facehuggers in them.

Yeah. I think that is more or less what Ridley is doing with Prometheus, just minus the xenos because that ground has been covered. I believe his DNA thing was not to rivet fans or bring the cult following the film - it was just a matter of his previous ideas overlapping or relating strongly to his core idea - the space jockey.

AVP-CAPCOM

Quote from: sagans bongwater on May 20, 2012, 10:35:58 PM
I disagree- the above you mentioned were merely the familiar elements of the ALIEN universe.

You could have a new species for example what about an ALIEN-GENERAL that commands greater tactics of the Xenomorph during swarm warfare?
What about learning about the complex structure of the ALIEN hive- are victims merely cocooned or are their bodies acting as a power/food/neural network source for the ALIENS?
What about new speciies of ALIENS like "headcrabs" that take over the victims body- what about new ways of humans reproducing more than one ALIEN (vicitims bodies regenerate only to chestburst again?)
What about new ALIENS that are half biomechanical or take note from Giger's earlier designs.
What about human/Xenomorph hybrids that reproduce with humans to insert spies into the human populace via sexy looking (but strange mannerism) women.

Personally speaking I don't think the subsequent movies after ALIEN-ALIENS have scratched the surface

It was intended as a "serious" post.

However as we're talking about the ALIEN universe I'm surprised. If you were the first to read about Giger's "sexual beast that gets it's victims pregnant via oral rape"* (*that was the pitch for the first ALIEN movie BTW) wouldn't you have had the same first reaction to my post?

Vickers

Honestly, I've warmed up to the idea we'll be seeing different creatures.

Although I'm still slightly disappointed in the fact that the engineers look very human-like.  I will reserve judgement until I've seen how they behave in the film but if it's not done right, it's going to feel like a tall person playing hide-and-go-seek with smaller people.

As for the Xenos, I'm sure we'll see something in those last 8 minutes (or is it 12 minutes now?) that will make us grin from ear to ear.

Symn

Symn

I'm not at all disapointed! Why would I want to see something I already know. I want to see monstrous creatures that I've never seen before, killing people in new innovative, creative and un-imaginable ways!

And i'm very curious about the spacejockey's race, and what happened to them etc. etc. Don't really care about the whole 'where do we come from, god vs. science' pitch. Hollywood doesn't get science.

sagans bongwater

Quote from: AVP-CAPCOM on May 21, 2012, 07:30:10 AM
Quote from: sagans bongwater on May 20, 2012, 10:35:58 PM

It was intended as a "serious" post.

However as we're talking about the ALIEN universe I'm surprised. If you were the first to read about Giger's "sexual beast that gets it's victims pregnant via oral rape"* (*that was the pitch for the first ALIEN movie BTW) wouldn't you have had the same first reaction to my post?

I'd probably say "hmm sounds a bit out there but let me read the script and see what the execution is like" and it would turn out that the idea is incredibly well executed and I would greenlight alien. But I really don't think your ideas could ever be well executed lmao

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed