Anyone else dissapointed that no xenos will be in Prometheus?

Started by ackling17, May 08, 2012, 03:39:27 AM

Author
Anyone else dissapointed that no xenos will be in Prometheus? (Read 15,284 times)

ackling17

I saw avengers and the preview for Prometheus came on and i was extremely excited cuz at first it looked like alien 5.  Now that I've been reading about it I want to see it but it sucks that there are no aliens in it am i right?

SM

You are right, and no I'm not especially disappointed.

Same universe; no capital A Aliens.

mastermoon

Quote from: ackling17 on May 08, 2012, 03:39:27 AM
I saw avengers and the preview for Prometheus came on and i was extremely excited cuz at first it looked like alien 5.  Now that I've been reading about it I want to see it but it sucks that there are no aliens in it am i right?

What are you talking about?, Prometheus is using new Aliens rather then the common xenomorphs.

Ridley Scott mentioned the AVP movies ruined the xeno's.

WinterActual

At first I was disappointed but then I realized its better not to have xenos. No matter who's behind the movie I still don't think we can get xenos portrayed so good as in the classic movies. But lets hope the new alien species in Prometheus are done good :)

Xenomrph

If the movie is compelling then audiences ultimately won't care if there's capital-A Aliens in it or not.

Gosutoraida

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 08, 2012, 05:39:37 PM
If the movie is compelling then audiences ultimately won't care if there's capital-A Aliens in it or not.
Common movie-goers probably are unaware that Prometheus is even connected to Alien.

I won't be surprised if no one cares about the lack of Xenos.

I do like the new kind of Facehugger though (that's if it is even a Facehugger).

The PredBen

I have no desires to see the actual "aliens" in the film. This film, to me, has always been more about the Space Jockeys (or Engineers or whatever) then it has about the alien creatures from the previous films.

mastermoon

Quote from: The PredBen on May 08, 2012, 11:24:24 PM
I have no desires to see the actual "aliens" in the film. This film, to me, has always been more about the Space Jockeys (or Engineers or whatever) then it has about the alien creatures from the previous films.

The Space Jockey needs the rise of fame now.

We seen enough of the Alien.

The PredBen

Quote from: mastermoon on May 08, 2012, 11:26:17 PM
Quote from: The PredBen on May 08, 2012, 11:24:24 PM

The Space Jockey needs the rise of fame now.

We seen enough of the Alien.

Agreed, it's about time they get some leg room (if they really do).

chrisr232007

Not saying I want to see the Alien in the film but we dont know if it will be in it or not.

mastermoon

The AVP movies made the xenomorph look bad so thats why it won't be in Prometheus.

chrisr232007

Quote from: mastermoon on May 08, 2012, 11:38:03 PM
The AVP movies made the xenomorph look bad so thats why it won't be in Prometheus.

Really if anything Scott wants to make the Alien what it was once was by having it in his film again, but like I said no one on this tread or forums knows rather the Alien is in this film or not.

mastermoon

Quote from: chrisr232007 on May 08, 2012, 11:49:31 PM
Quote from: mastermoon on May 08, 2012, 11:38:03 PM

Really if anything Scott wants to make the Alien what it was once was by having it in his film again, but like I said no one on this tread or forums knows rather the Alien is in this film or not.

I'm not even sure if Prometheus will have xenomorphs?.

whiterabbit

Prometheus will have aliens and a pre-xenomorph one too. I assume it'll just be more simplistic in design and larger. The jockey xeno is for Prometheus 2 - the search for more xenobucks.

Predaker

I think we may find out what came first, the Alien or the egg, but that's about it. We have already seen a proto-hugger in a featurette/trailer, and there is the giger mural of an Alien as well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed