The Final 8 Minutes (what do you want to see?)

Started by acidpits, Feb 06, 2012, 02:05:31 PM

Author
The Final 8 Minutes (what do you want to see?) (Read 5,692 times)

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: Cvalda on Feb 06, 2012, 11:52:20 PM
Quote from: St_Eddie on Feb 06, 2012, 11:40:27 PM
[sarcastic]Why not just shove in all of the old and overly familiar tropes in an awkward way whilst you're at it?!  You know; eggs, facehuggers, traditional Xenos!  The whole shebang; the entire commercially originated hog, with all of the hackneyed and tiresome trimmings.  Ah screw it; let's just cancel Prometheus and greenlight 'AVP3: The Shriekquel' instead![/sarcastic]
[sarcastic]Yeah, that's totally what I said, by mentioning I'd like to see something we've never actually seen before and was only implied by the first film! [/sarcastic]
::)

It's largely irrelevant; if they show a chestburster of any form (be it human or Jockey based, in terms of genetics), it's a good way to undermine the mystery, power and shock of the original Alien.

Cvalda

Quote from: St_Eddie on Feb 07, 2012, 12:26:10 AM
It's largely irrelevant; if they show a chestburster of any form (be it human or Jockey based, in terms of genetics) is a good way to undermine the mystery, power and shock of the original Alien.
What makes you think Prometheus hasn't already done that? Psssssst, the thing inside the jockey suit is probably just a big tall pale white guy! Don't tell anyone.

Basher917

Quote from: Cvalda on Feb 06, 2012, 11:52:20 PM
Quote from: St_Eddie on Feb 06, 2012, 11:40:27 PM
[sarcastic]Why not just shove in all of the old and overly familiar tropes in an awkward way whilst you're at it?!  You know; eggs, facehuggers, traditional Xenos!  The whole shebang; the entire commercially originated hog, with all of the hackneyed and tiresome trimmings.  Ah screw it; let's just cancel Prometheus and greenlight 'AVP3: The Shriekquel' instead![/sarcastic]
[sarcastic]Yeah, that's totally what I said, by mentioning I'd like to see something we've never actually seen before and was only implied by the first film! [/sarcastic]
::)

eyeballkid

eyeballkid

I would like to see the Nostromo, possibly taking off from Earth, or wherever it was stationed before Alien. That would be awesome.

Wobblyboddle77

The Strause brothers and paul ws anderson being jettissoned into space

St_Eddie

Quote from: Wobblyboddle77 on Feb 07, 2012, 01:50:46 AM

This, I like. :laugh:

Eldritch

Quote from: Wobblyboddle77 on Feb 07, 2012, 01:50:46 AM

+ wan chaaandredd milljun!

Xenomrph

I want to see 8 minutes of Jones lounging around and grooming himself and being a cat.

Wobblyboddle77

Wobblyboddle77

Tom Rothman becomes biomechanically attached to uwe bolls rectum and has to spend every day watching boll make his films and s**t as a punishment for subjecting us to the a v p films amongst many other of his corporate sins.

acidpits

I am pleased with this thread.

walker31

Well, in mythological lore, Prometheus is known for stealing fire from the gods and giving it to mankind, somewhat of a Luciferian typology, that is, giving some secret knowledge to man.  I would like to see a play on this concept, of something secret that man wasnt supposed to know that also ties in with the tagline of seeking our beginnings could lead to our end.  Maybe, we find our Creator, and learn that man was created and put on earth only to be hosts to the Alien species to further their agenda, like ants and aphids.  I'm honestly hoping for something intellectually stimulating and creative, not seeing a cliched plot, and feeling like I did with, dare I say it, Predators. 

I also am hoping to see it truly tie in with the Alien lore, a true prequel.  I want to go on record now though and predict that we will all soon be thinking...WTFFF!!!  I dont think this will come close to the dreams we all have imagined it could be, though as usual, some will live in denial and continue to say its EPIC!  But, I still have a glimmer of hope...

Xenomoron

I want to see the the Space Jockey remove his human suit and reveal a real alien being inside. ;)

ChrisPachi

Quote from: walker31 on Feb 07, 2012, 09:25:51 PMMaybe, we find our Creator, and learn that man was created and put on earth only to be hosts to the Alien species to further their agenda, like ants and aphids.

^ Love it.

I find myself wondering if the pregnancy/birth scene isn't going to be the climax. Painful, unwanted impregnation and delivery is certainly a good DNA of the original film. Just a thought.

-Chris

Glaive

'Boobies"

(...someone had to say it...)

bioweapon

the distrees signal waving in space and in the distance the nostromo

and some predator ship laughing off from those poor s*ckers.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed