Space Kojak and the chair of power

Started by 180924609, Jan 14, 2012, 08:45:50 PM

Author
Space Kojak and the chair of power (Read 4,234 times)

What exactly is Space Kojak upto with the famous Space Jockey chair from ALIEN?

There are 4 'Egyptian Pharaoh' looking tombs surrounding the circular plinth.

Do they 'feed' the Jockey chair with a 'suited up' Engineer? Or are they simply cryo-tubes for sleeping through the millenia?

Does the chair load-up like a submarine torpedo?

I have 'reversed and rotated' one of the 'pharaoh tombs' to show that if they were indeed loaded directly into the chair mechanism, then they would not be too far off looking like the original SJ from ALIEN, before some kind of degradation process set in to decay them into a skeletal bone-like form...

Is it a hyperspace transportation machine?

Or a DNA conversion tool?

Or a console to control a starship?

AnthonyWC70788

Quote from: 180924609 on Jan 14, 2012, 08:45:50 PM

There are 4 'Egyptian Pharaoh' looking tombs surrounding the circular plinth.

Do they 'feed' the Jockey chair with a 'suited up' Engineer? Or are they simply cryo-tubes for sleeping through the millenia?

Does the chair load-up like a submarine torpedo?

I have 'reversed and rotated' one of the 'pharaoh tombs' to show that if they were indeed loaded directly into the chair mechanism, then they would not be too far off looking like the original SJ from ALIEN, before some kind of degradation process set in to decay them into a skeletal bone-like form...

I kind of like that idea. I see what you are saying now, and when you look at that picture it looks that it might seriously be a possibility that this is how it works. Though everything is up in the air until we actually see the damn thing in action you know. Makes you wonder then maybe this guy isnt actually the SJ after all. Maybe he just serves them and is about to press a button to activate or make one of them wake up you know. Which would solve a lot of whining from some people that dont like the idea of him looking like this without a mask or suit on.... Anthony

Infected

Nah.

AnthonyWC70788

Quote from: Infected on Jan 14, 2012, 09:11:32 PM
Nah.

Ok, great answer there lololol....  Care to elaborate a little to tell why you think it is. I mean I know I havent see the movie yet and I am pretty sure you havent neither. So right now any speculation is just that speculation you know lol, at least that is how I look at it and I am pretty sure other people are on this board doing the exact same thing... Anthony

Infected

Quote from: AnthonyWC70788 on Jan 14, 2012, 09:24:48 PM
Quote from: Infected on Jan 14, 2012, 09:11:32 PM
Nah.

Ok, great answer there lololol....  Care to elaborate a little to tell why you think it is. I mean I know I havent see the movie yet and I am pretty sure you havent neither. So right now any speculation is just that speculation you know lol, at least that is how I look at it and I am pretty sure other people are on this board doing the exact same thing... Anthony
I was refering to the thread starter theory.
Its way to complicated its just a chair the guy get in and voila he is in the chair the jockey suit is just a suit for harsh enviroments.
The good thing is...i think we are gonna see a mean alien creature badder then the jockeys and the xeno and that one is gonna fck m all up.

Kev Loaf

hahaha space kojak!!! from this day onwards I will refer to him as this.

Alien had the SJ
Prometheus has SK - Space Kojak!!

The question is, are they the sane?! :/

Valaquen

Quote from: Kev Loaf on Jan 16, 2012, 07:43:39 AM
hahaha space kojak!!! from this day onwards I will refer to him as this.

Alien had the SJ
Prometheus has SK - Space Kojak!!

The question is, are they the sane?! :/
No, because the platform in ALIEN looks different to the platform in Prometheus. Same type of structure, but must be different ships.

Highland

This would run with my theory that the Blue guy is just the Security Gaurd.

I like it.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

This topic made me think of Skeletor... Just saying.

Anyway, I now think those casket things are probably what they step into in order to get suited up.

A bit like if Giger had been responsible for a 'Wallace And Gromit' film.

One shudders to think what his version of 'The Wrong Trousers' would produce...

In all seriousness, if true, then maybe that's why someone gets mutated... One of the crew gets stupid, like Kane and decides to get in somewhere he or she shouldn't and it auto-preps him for a suit on the computed assumption he's an intended user - and the bonding process reacts badly with his human biology.

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: 180924609 on Jan 14, 2012, 08:45:50 PM
What exactly is Space Kojak upto with the famous Space Jockey chair from ALIEN?

One thing about the tall bald man is that he is near the chair that's by the control panel on the side of the platform

EXTERMINATUS

EXTERMINATUS

where is the lolipop in the space kojaks mouth and will he ask "who loves ya baby?"

Kev Loaf

I am convinced Space Kojak is some form of prisoner - imprisoned on the planet by the gods for doing some crazy shit. He will look to use the humans, manipulate some of them into thinking he is a good and then escape from the planet.

I expect to see a scene of him getting really pissed off when someone asks him, "why would god need a star ship?"

BioMechanical

Quote from: Kev Loaf on Jan 16, 2012, 02:36:22 PM
I am convinced Space Kojak is some form of prisoner - imprisoned on the planet by the gods for doing some crazy shit. He will look to use the humans, manipulate some of them into thinking he is a good and then escape from the planet.

I expect to see a scene of him getting really pissed off when someone asks him, "why would god need a star ship?"

Star Trek Final Frontier

Great f'ing movie!

St_Eddie

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jan 16, 2012, 11:12:24 AM
This topic made me think of Skeletor... Just saying.

Anyway, I now think those casket things are probably what they step into in order to get suited up.

A bit like if Giger had been responsible for a 'Wallace And Gromit' film.

One shudders to think what his version of 'The Wrong Trousers' would produce...

In all seriousness, if true, then maybe that's why someone gets mutated... One of the crew gets stupid, like Kane and decides to get in somewhere he or she shouldn't and it auto-preps him for a suit on the computed assumption he's an intended user - and the bonding process reacts badly with his human biology.

I like the way you think.  Both in terms of Giger's Wallace & Gromit and in terms of your theory of a crew member entering a piece of technology which was never intended for their biology.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: St_Eddie on Jan 16, 2012, 04:19:20 PM
I like the way you think.  Both in terms of Giger's Wallace & Gromit and in terms of your theory of a crew member entering a piece of technology which was never intended for their biology.

A possible race to get him/er out would be rather unsettling to watch... Like those scenes in 'The Abyss' where the rat's immersed in the oxygenated liquid and you're half-sure it's actually drowning.

I'm starting to think the mixture of what looks like a transparent face-shield and the fact that it's open (possibly forced) could point to this: The shield being what the crew and camera sees through of an increasingly panicked member of the crew undergoing biological 'adjustment' for the Jockey suit.

And maybe forcing it open, in turn, is what wakes up the surviving example of the species. An alarm trigger.

Think of 'Alien Versus Predator' where taking the Predator weapons was what activated the Queen and pyramid mechanisms.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed