Which one?

Started by AlienatedPredator, Nov 02, 2009, 09:36:48 PM

Which one are you looking forward to the most?

Alien Prequel
45 (60%)
Predators
30 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Author
Which one? (Read 9,855 times)

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Okay. It was a direct sequel to Alien 3.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Yes, a direct sequel, with only one character in common and set 200 years in the future.

Jango1201

Jango1201

Well Predators is sounding quite nauseating and just god awful terrible so I'm going to say Prequel.

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Nov 10, 2009, 03:11:36 AM
Resurrection was intended to be a reboot, the start of a new line of Alien films with the Ripley 8 character.

neah it was just a crap way to get the star of the show back in.

SM

SM

Not even that.  The original drafts had no Ripley.  When Weaver heard about it she expressed interest and Fox asked Whedon to put her back in.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

And to stall Alien vs. Predator.

Jango1201

Jango1201

Quote from: SM on Nov 11, 2009, 10:46:40 PM
Not even that.  The original drafts had no Ripley.  When Weaver heard about it she expressed interest and Fox asked Whedon to put her back in.

Even after Weaver killed off her character in three because she was losing interest and wanted no involvement in AVP?

The story I heard (I think from the Quad set) was that Fox would not greenlight it until her character was put into the movie somehow. Which would explaine why her salary for A:R was more then the budget for the first film. 

SM

SM

Maybe that was Mechanic's call.  AFAIK Bill Badalato was driving it initially.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

I am pretty sure it was Fox's decision after Ripley showed interest. I was always lead to believe that Ripley being in A:R was what f**ked it most with the Newborn coming in close.

SM

SM

How did Ripley 'f**k it'?

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: SM on Nov 17, 2009, 05:38:56 AM
How did Ripley 'f**k it'?

You mean sarcastically or seriously?

SM

SM

The latter?

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Well because of adding her they needed to include the cloning right? And that took up a HUGE part of the film with the 1-7 Room, the whole connection between Ripley and the Xenos thing, the benefits Ripley and the possible disadvantages the Xenos have.

Brother

Brother

If Weaver expresses interest for the Prequel, what then? This is supposed to be happening before ALIEN, maybe they will make her look younger :)

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed