Which one?

Started by AlienatedPredator, Nov 02, 2009, 09:36:48 PM

Which one are you looking forward to the most?

Alien Prequel
45 (60%)
Predators
30 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Author
Which one? (Read 9,833 times)

SM

SM

QuoteMaybe in the prequel we can get shots that are good 100%.

Impossible.  The films with the highest end effects to date like LOTR and the Star Wars prequels have their fair share of dodgy effects shots.  Avatar is currently being touted as the new pinnacle of visual effects - and that's got dodgy shots in the trailer.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

District 9 and Star Trek came pretty close to not having any dodgy effects at all.

Shadow Hunter

Shadow Hunter

It has to be P R E D A T O R S because in Alien they said humans have never come accross it before so humans can't be in the prequal. That and Predators are way better than Aliens. (No offense meant to you Alien fans).

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: Gill Predator on Nov 06, 2009, 01:36:12 PM
That and Predators are way better than Aliens. (No offense meant to you Alien fans).

I wish people could understand exactly why they shouldn't say this kind of thing.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Well, the dude is just 15 yrs, so he's excused for now, and I guess there is still time and hope for him to learn why he shouldn't say that kind of thing... unless he's an aspiring troll - then it's all legit, at least on the internal networks, but not at these forums. We don't accept trolls here do we.

War Wager

War Wager

Prequel. We've had to endure the Alien being used in slap-stick B-movies for, what, the past three flicks? Really looking forward to it getting some serious, A-movie treatment once more.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: Gill Predator on Nov 06, 2009, 01:36:12 PM
It has to be P R E D A T O R S because in Alien they said humans have never come accross it before so humans can't be in the prequal. That and Predators are way better than Aliens. (No offense meant to you Alien fans).

I'm obviously a fan of the creatively thought-up monsters, but I've always "liked" the actual films themselves. (Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Predator)

Quote from: War Wager on Nov 06, 2009, 09:58:22 PM
Prequel. We've had to endure the Alien being used in slap-stick B-movies for, what, the past three flicks? Really looking forward to it getting some serious, A-movie treatment once more.

Yes. Former glory restoration.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Nov 07, 2009, 02:30:51 AM
Yes. Former glory restoration.
Or continuation of the current crap.

Whoo-hoo, whoo-hoo! *runs*

Master

Master

This is what I`m most afraid of. I really hope that we won`t get next two craps in a row.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: Master on Nov 09, 2009, 09:40:53 AM
This is what I`m most afraid of. I really hope that we won`t get next two craps in a row.

If the case turns out to be that both are crap, than we can officially declare the franchises dead. These two movies are supposed to be the revitalizations of the "good" Alien/Predator film.

SM

SM

Same as Resurrection then?

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

How many more reboots can this series go before it's one big jumbled horrible mess? Resurrection was a reboot, AvP was a reboot, AvP:R was a reboot in terms of getting rid of the taint of the tame "AvP", and now these two films. Good luck, filmmakers.

SM

SM

Neither Resurrection, nor the AvPs were reboots.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Resurrection was intended to be a reboot, the start of a new line of Alien films with the Ripley 8 character.

SM

SM

No it wasn't.  It was a direct sequel to Alien3.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed