Which one?

Started by AlienatedPredator, Nov 02, 2009, 09:36:48 PM

Which one are you looking forward to the most?

Alien Prequel
45 (60%)
Predators
30 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Author
Which one? (Read 9,853 times)

AlienatedPredator

AlienatedPredator

Based on what we know right now, which of these films are you looking forward to the most? It's about equal for me, although I think with Scott at the helm the Alien prequel will be a better quality film, if not more enjoyable.

Oooodz

Oooodz

Alien Prequel.

Though, I am surprised how much I am looking forward to Predators!

Master

Master

I think I`m looking forward more to Predators, simply because they are scheduled earlier. I hope that it will be true to canon and that Rodriguez is not going to ignore P2.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Alien Prequel, simply because it has Riddles. Predators is also going to be a reboot of the franchise, which I think is absolutely pointless.

SM

SM

Neither, really.

I'm more likely to go see Alien cos it's Riddles, even though it's completely unnecessary and superfluous.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Alien Prequel, of course. This could be the first Alien film where there's no dodgy effects. Every Alien film had some, but in this day and age, this could be a really professional one.

SM

SM

Cos none of the others were "really professional".

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: SM on Nov 05, 2009, 04:23:09 AM
Cos none of the others were "really professional".

In terms of fluid effects.

SM

SM

Example?

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: SM on Nov 05, 2009, 05:10:20 AM
Example?

The explosion at the end of Alien, and arguably some of the man-in-a-suit shots.

Some of the explosions in Aliens, the dropship, and a couple Alien shots.

Alien 3 has more than enough bad Alien shots.

Alien: Resurrection has some bad CGI, like the alternate opening.

Maybe in the prequel we can get shots that are good 100%.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Nov 05, 2009, 05:53:16 AM
I cannot think of a single movie where that's ever been the case, excepting films that have so few special effects shots it doesn't warrant mentioning.

Every effects movie has one or two shots where you look at it and think "Yeah, that's an effect shot".

magical_boy

magical_boy

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Nov 05, 2009, 05:53:16 AM
Quote from: SM on Nov 05, 2009, 05:10:20 AM
Example?

The explosion at the end of Alien, and arguably some of the man-in-a-suit shots.

Some of the explosions in Aliens, the dropship, and a couple Alien shots.

Alien 3 has more than enough bad Alien shots.

Alien: Resurrection has some bad CGI, like the alternate opening.

true, all the films except for maybe resurrection were made before advanced CGI was available
the effects for the alien being blown out of the escape pod in Alien was quite terrible and yeah the drop pod flying in Aliens
but story and acting trump effects anyday, which im sure u'll agree with

Highland

Highland

you know, I kind of like some of those dodgy effects in the movies, It makes you remember how old these movies are and just how good they were. Some of the those old techniques are just as good as today's effects anyway (like the matte paintings and model work).

As for the question, Predators purely because we know more, when we start getting some Alien info, It'll heat me up!

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

I look forward to both, but I'm much more thrilled for Predators, of course.

AVP21

AVP21

Well I'm really looking forward to see how the alien movie comes out like, but of course I'm super excitited to see the Predator movie so I choose PREDATORS! 8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed