All Star Wars

Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 13, 2006, 05:23:55 AM

Author
All Star Wars (Read 2,844,181 times)

Kradan

Kradan

I wouldn't call them dumb - just not aware of how Hollywood works let's just say at all

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

The clickbait journalism, tabloid press and fake news in general are beyond Hollywood. The target audience tends to be gullible / irrational people, individuals without critical thinking, or simply without much common sense at all  :laugh:

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jan 26, 2021, 10:34:28 PM
The clickbait journalism, tabloid press and fake news in general are beyond Hollywood. The target audience tends to be gullible / irrational people, individuals without critical thinking, or simply without much common sense at all  :laugh:

Well, I mean, if you know something about Hollywood, you'll know something about Disney. And if you know something about Disney, you'll know they're not that kind of company that admits its mistakes by "re-doing" stuff in sequel trilogy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Kradan on Jan 27, 2021, 08:16:25 AM

Well, I mean, if you know something about Hollywood, you'll know something about Disney. And if you know something about Disney, you'll know they're not that kind of company that admits its mistakes by "re-doing" stuff in sequel trilogy

And why would they have to? George Lucas never did it with the PT? And regardless of what people say, the ST made money.

Besides, many of the George Lucas "re-doing" with the OT are unnecessary and sometimes even pointless.

But what were we talking about anyway? Oh yeah, the audience of WGTC. Well, I would not be surprised if their audience is the kind of people who believe in QuAnon,  autism in vaccines, white genocide, etc   :laugh:

SM

SM

Lucas did some very minor tweaks to the prequels. And one major one with Yoda in TPM.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 27, 2021, 07:23:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=861gfPVmgdc

I wasn't overly impressed with Luke in Mando, but based on that screen grab I'll take it over 'us'.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I think the face looks better, but the hair is silly.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jan 27, 2021, 10:29:03 AM
Quote from: Kradan on Jan 27, 2021, 08:16:25 AM

And why would they have to? George Lucas never did it with the PT? And regardless of what people say, the ST made money.

Besides, many of the George Lucas "re-doing" with the OT are unnecessary and sometimes even pointless.

But what were we talking about anyway? Oh yeah, the audience of WGTC. Well, I would not be surprised if their audience is the kind of people who believe in QuAnon,  autism in vaccines, white genocide, etc  :laugh

Argh, I think I've lost my point. Nevermind

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

To be fair, I have little doubt that there's a schism at Lucasfilm and that Disney feels the sequel trilogy underperformed relative to their expectations.

But redoing the entire thing is just silly.  Fisher is gone, Ford is done with Star Wars and Hamill ain't getting any younger.  Better to just let Filoni do what he does and recontextualize the whole thing like he did for the prequels.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: SM on Jan 27, 2021, 10:32:10 AM
Lucas did some very minor tweaks to the prequels. And one major one with Yoda in TPM.

Kradan

Kradan

Dare mesa say it, Jar Jar isn't the biggest problem with prequels

Also, was word "jarring" invented in 1999 ?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Nah that's just you being thin-skinned and missing the irony!  :laugh:

EJA

EJA

Could a one-off SW movie be made set after TROS which fixes the sequel trilogy's issues? Maybe have Luke resurrected from the dead to fight alongside Rey?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: EJA on Jan 28, 2021, 12:22:36 PM
Could a one-off SW movie be made set after TROS which fixes the sequel trilogy's issues? Maybe have Luke resurrected from the dead to fight alongside Rey?

Of course it could be done, but what for?  Why is it such an issue that Luke died?  Was it an issue that Obi-Wan died in ANH?

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: EJA on Jan 28, 2021, 12:22:36 PM

No, no and no again

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed