Predator: Hunting Grounds Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 07, 2019, 09:39:48 AM

Author
Predator: Hunting Grounds Catch-All Thread (Read 103,652 times)

Kailem

Meanwhile:

Mr.Turok

Its either going to come out tomorrow and the paid monthly update somewhere in the 25-28th range, or its going to be one big fat ass update at once at the end of the month. Hopefully its worth the wait. 

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Aug 18, 2020, 05:43:06 PM
Hopefully its worth the wait.

From your lips to Harrigan's ears.

I'm hoping they bundle in some City Hunter fixes in that update too.

SuperiorIronman

I mean we know stuff is in development. We've seen Scar, Berserker, 87 Dutch, shuriken, falcon, confirmed a map, said map being set at night or that maps will be getting night variants, FT accessories, and new FT gear.

August is pretty much asking if we're getting some or all of it. Worst thing about the wait is not knowing "what's in the box".

RidgeTop

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RidgeTop on Aug 19, 2020, 12:26:04 AM
https://twitter.com/ridgetop21/status/1295648545370824706

That was impressive! Nicely timed. Did you get the defuse?

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Aug 18, 2020, 05:43:06 PM
Its either going to come out tomorrow and the paid monthly update somewhere in the 25-28th range, or its going to be one big fat ass update at once at the end of the month. Hopefully its worth the wait. 

I think we might just be getting a big update on the 25th with paid and free.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: RidgeTop on Aug 19, 2020, 12:26:04 AM
https://twitter.com/ridgetop21/status/1295648545370824706

A point blank sniper barrage! Love it!  :laugh: 

That last shot was a thing of beauty though RidgeTop. Was that on PC or PS4?

Kailem

Kailem

Me and Ridgetop also encountered this poor fellow in a match last night. It looks like the Predator really messed him up good:

Voodoo Magic

Sales figures for Predator Hunting Grounds:

https://gamstat.com/games/Predator_Hunting_Grounds/

Figures for Doom Eternal in comparison:

https://gamstat.com/games/Doom_Eternal/

shadowedge

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 27, 2020, 05:08:56 PM

Not bad numbers at all. A little over half a million for a non AAA game. This is just PS4. Who knows how many people own it for PC. Might be closer to 800,000 total.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: shadowedge on Aug 27, 2020, 05:35:59 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 27, 2020, 05:08:56 PM

Not bad numbers at all. A little over half a million for a non AAA game. This is just PS4. Who knows how many people own it for PC. Might be closer to 800,000 total.

Agreed. Also what's impressive to me is generally how many accounts have nothing but Predator Hunting Grounds compared to Doom Eternal that has double the sales. It tells me that the game probably did a pretty good job luring Predator fans to purchase a PS4 (like myself!)

600 accounts (0.1%) with nothing but Predator: Hunting Grounds

700 accounts (0.06%)with nothing but Doom Eternal

Mr.Turok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej7cpr7YNqk

Do you guys think he's right, that Fireteam is way too powerful or just sour that Preds can't dominate so easily anymore? For me, I see that Fireteam had a increased chance of winning, as most plays Preds always win games. Not only that but also makes the game more challenging and last longer, as before the current patches, Preds can dominate in the first 3 minutes if they are decent. Perhaps though the damage output is too much, just a few inches back it should be pulled.

Granted I agree that the bow should be fixed as arrows going through targets with no damage and even I agree that headshots shouldn't be nerfed (arrows to the head should be always painful after all). I think that the biggest point I agree with is that graphic setting on PC should be blocked or optimized to always include jungle foliage cuz it really isn't fair that people are taking advantage of lower settings to kill Pred players.

SuperiorIronman

Predators had to change up tactics as of 2.0 and certain players didn't know how much they'd have to change. Melee builds are basically dead with hybrid and ranged builds having better results.

Predators can still win, they just have to play a bit more aggressive and not rush FT as well as not get into second wind. Like the minute health starts dropping too low they need to back off which a lot of players don't. About a minute ago I was running against a samurai who if they just backed off the team a bit they could've had us. Being a bit more patient at range is a must which a lot of current Predators don't have.

Voodoo Magic

If you play as a Predator and go into Second Wind now and the FT has the ability to spam some UAVs, fogetaboutit. You're toast. The UAVs reversed Illfonic's limiting the Pred's bloodtrail patch and then some.

Tichinde

Tichinde

I'm a Melee only pretty much. I use the combistick and plasma firearm but the plasma firearm desperately needs a buff for it's base damage, It takes 4 headshots to currently take out an FT member, and the only reason I know that is because they stand still when they revive. Not to mention they increased the recoil and made the rate of fire slow as hell.

So from a Melee only Samurai build I will tell you what works for me and allows me to still practice my craft without losing too much. I lost a few games, but I've also beaten a few really good PC teams. (I don't turn crossplay off  8))

First thing this new patch made me realize for Samurai is the speed. This goes for you Berserkers too, you need to realize you have about 2 jumps at minimum, but running adrenal boost is a must. It gives you three and gives you a CHANCE to get away when you go into second wind.

Second thing is don't just try to claim anymore. My main strat back before this patch was to tear the skull out of almost every FT member as soon as I killed them. Even if I took a little damage, I could mostly just shrug it off. It was especially effective for that one annoying knifer who follows me around and tries to slash me to death. now, FORGET THAT! You should consider yourselves as the new scout class. You are a dainty little bitch from Yautja Prime that probably screams at a paper cut. You down someone, camp the body. Seems like something everyone already knows, but camping the bodies and downing people until death is the best strat. FT's expect you to come in for the claims, they will wait for it. Just keep killing the guys as they get up and you can do a lot better.

Third thing, premade FTs who stick together are impossible to rush head on. Impossible to engage in a shootout from distance. If you haven't already, learn to trick the FTs. this means using your audio distractions, using the mimicry wheel, even just roaring to make them think you are healing. It's all about subverting these teams long enough to kill one guy. From there your job becomes easier. 4 man teams seem to crumble when you kill one of their buddies, from there they go for reinforcements, and they will waste it even if they lose one guy. This leaves them vulnerable. Helpful little tip is that if you can get ahead of an FT looking for a revive, there are barrels in some of the revive spawnpoints, wait for them to revive the guy then shoot a barrel, this will do damage forcing them to waste heals.

Fourth and most important. Know what team you are going against, it will help you decide whether or not you want to rush them and play aggressively or if you can afford to hang back a little bit more. A team who rushes the objectives are the most dangerous team. It means they want to get out and don't care about fighting you. Best process of dealing with them in this case is obvious. Attack them while they are dealing with the AI who does more damage now. From there you can force them to divert attention and take damage or catch them by surprise, but be careful. if a four man squad manages to make it to the chopper point, they are almost unbeatable. it's a small area and four guys will melt even the strongest classes in less than a second. More important, if you are going against "Predator Hunter" kinda players, who specifically would rather fight you than do the objective, play longer. Make them use up the heals and resources, make them pay for every inch of ground they try to gain on you. Make them waste reinforcements etc. You have 15 minutes of hunting time with these people and if they don't get out you win anyway so enjoy it. these are my favorite matches.

overall just be more aware now that you are no longer able to just run up kill someone and claim as a berserker. That's not an option. It's not an option if you run impenetrable, it's not an option no matter what. You have to play from different angles and force the FT to split up. Some teams, most of the better teams will have one guy who tries to chase you down. Don't feel like you are powerless, you aren't. You just have to be smart. I personally don't like these changes, they make me feel less like an alien badass and more like a cheap weakling who needs to hang back. Either way though, if you are like me and you want to play like a warrior. You still have to be smart, you have to work a lot harder to beat good teams but the feeling you get from beating a cocky FT with basically just a stick is honestly worth it. I hope they eventually balance it, but until then, I hope this helps.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed