How The Predator Will Solidify The Series' Complicated Continuity

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 18, 2016, 06:00:24 AM

Author
How The Predator Will Solidify The Series' Complicated Continuity (Read 41,844 times)

Xan21

Horrible decision to take it to Vancouver, so now my expectations are already lower than low. I'm about to watch Fred Dekker's Night of the Creeps which looks like a lot of fun though!

overthere

Quote from: Xan21 on Jul 04, 2016, 04:41:40 PM
Horrible decision to take it to Vancouver, so now my expectations are already lower than low. I'm about to watch Fred Dekker's Night of the Creeps which looks like a lot of fun though!

If they never mentioned it you never would have known. Nothing wrong with Vancouver.

Xan21

Vancouver is no jungle, so yes it is no good imo

BishopShouldGo

The Predator movies shouldn't be defined by their location hahaha. We don't need a damn jungle.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jul 04, 2016, 05:15:38 PM
The Predator movies shouldn't be defined by their location hahaha. We don't need a damn jungle.

Exactly, Predator can be set anywhere so long as there is good game to hunt.

Xan21

I know but something about the Predator ending up in a colder climate rubs me the wrong way. I admit when looking at photos of Vancouver forest, it's pretty nice...yet I prefer a warm/hot climate with conflict...

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Jul 04, 2016, 05:20:55 PM

The location must be warm.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Jul 04, 2016, 06:51:42 PM

They prefer warm locations. But it's not a must.

BishopShouldGo

Story and character first, Predator minutiae(their "hunting preferences", the length of their wrist-blades) second.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jul 04, 2016, 07:34:32 PM
Story and character first, Predator minutiae(their "hunting preferences", the length of their wrist-blades) second.

Agreed.  :laugh:

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Jul 04, 2016, 07:01:14 PM

Anna : "Only in the hottest years this happens."
Keyes : "Drawn by heat..."

Johnny Handsome

Yes, they prefer hot locations, that doesnt means they always have to go there though. When worthy prey are in cold locations i'm sure they make an exception.

Xan21

It ruins it for me though, like they can pop up everywhere, it just makes it less special.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Jul 04, 2016, 08:10:08 PM
Quote from: The Alien Predator on Jul 04, 2016, 07:01:14 PM

Anna : "Only in the hottest years this happens."
Keyes : "Drawn by heat..."

They prefer warm climates, but it's not a must. I wouldn't be surprised if their nets regulate heat to keep them warm in colder climates. We have ways to keep warm, why can't Predators who are also intelligent enough to do so?

Anna and Keyes are not Predator experts, Keyes only has a few scraps of what we know and Anna only has myths and legends from her local area to go by.

Besides, AvP shows that they hunted in Antarctica, not exactly a tropical place. It's rare, but they do sometimes hunt in colder climates.

Xan21

But AVP movies don't exist in my book and neither in the original writers minds I think ;-)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed