Ask Jeff VanderMeer

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 16, 2008, 09:02:44 AM

Author
Ask Jeff VanderMeer (Read 43,816 times)

JeffVanderMeer

JeffVanderMeer

Nope, not yet sure. I hope I hear more soon because other projects are piling up rapidly. I've got a writing instruction book coming out in Sept., a Steampunk coffee table book next year, and a few anthologies.

But the one you guys might be interested in is called Finch and it's a noir thriller with a fantasy setting, coming out in November. It's got some of the same kinds of thrills and chills as my Predator novel.

If I did an Aliens novel I'd have to start writing it by early 2010 probably.

Jeff

Chris P

Chris P

Hey Jeff,

How's it comin?  And... are you thinking of continuing on with the Predator style?

XenoVC

XenoVC

My chance to kiss Jeff's ass,but seriously.

I am loving the book,every Alien and Predator title from Dark Horse in the past 10 years has been just....dull,but I am loving this one.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: JeffVanderMeer on Dec 17, 2008, 10:42:34 PM
Ah--didn't know he/it was called that. That's one of the coolest things about the Alien movie and that would definitely be part of my novel if it's allowable by Dark Horse. (This is assuming they ask me to do an Aliens novel.)

You know, I'd assumed you intended the living ships you mentioned to be the Space Jockeys.

Is the notion of the Predators stealing technology in the DH bible?

Hell-Scorpion

Hell-Scorpion

Greetings Mr. VanderMeer, I thourghly enjoyed Predator: South China Sea, and after reading it, a question pops to my mind:

Is the character 'Onyx' actually Dutch (Arnie) from Predator 1?

SGT.Apone

SGT.Apone

loved the book it sort of revived my interest in predator i was looking for a star wars novel when i glanced over and saw your book i looked back up at the star wars novel with adrimal ackbar on the side, comparing the 2 and chose your novel as i walked up to  the counter i thought to myself "this better not be a trap!"LOL

Yautja117

Yautja117

Best Predator book yet. It really captures the feel of "Predator" while inrtoducing new ideas. South China Sea all the way! Good Job Jeff!

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I don't know if Mr. VanderMeer still checks this thread, but I just sent you an Email to see if you'd be interested in contributing to a project I've been working on.

dachande89

dachande89

Mr. VanderMeer, picked up your novel again and have been reading it and I have one question, when Tau asks Horia if he has a Romanian proverb for the situation and he says "No boobies here." what did it mean? Cause this has been bugging me for a while. Does it just simply mean no women around? Wanting sex before the could die? A joke at how women usually survive horror scenarios more than men? I mean maybe I'm overthinking it, but I just wanted to know what you had to say about it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed