Ask Jeff VanderMeer

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 16, 2008, 09:02:44 AM

Author
Ask Jeff VanderMeer (Read 43,806 times)

SiL

SiL

He still got shot and caught in the net.

Was it easy? Relatively. But "effortless" is way off the mark.

But this is all way, way of topic. Sorry!

JeffVanderMeer

JeffVanderMeer

Re the crocodile--I saw the Predator as shaking the croc off like it was a nuisance. It wasn't until it had multiple other injuries that the croc became a danger. But remember--an African croc can be as long as 28 feet!!!!! That's a huge freakin' animal. If you're waist deep in water with it...eeeeek.

Anyway, just wanted to say--have a great New Year's Eve and New Year's, since I'm offline until the 2nd. Thanks so much for entertaining me with this great discussion.
Jeff

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Happy New Year to you, too!

Chris P

Chris P

Hey Jeff,

I was just wondering...(not sure if this has been asked)

Did you by any chance get any of your ideas from the comics:

PREDATOR: "Dark River" ?

OR

PREDATOR: "Rite of Passage" ?

Thanks, great work on the novel.  ;)

JeffVanderMeer

JeffVanderMeer

Nope--I did read some of the comics, but I didn't read those two, I'm fairly sure. I would imagine some of the ideas have appeared in other Predator works.

Chris P

Chris P

Quote from: JeffVanderMeer on Jan 07, 2009, 04:20:53 PM
Nope--I did read some of the comics, but I didn't read those two, I'm fairly sure. I would imagine some of the ideas have appeared in other Predator works.

Alright, just wondering cause the storyline was VERY similar.  I liked it.  Okay then, well thanks Jeff.

JeffVanderMeer

JeffVanderMeer

You mean, there was a crocodile in it? And a guy resurrected by an alien virus?

Jeff

Chris P

Chris P

Quote from: JeffVanderMeer on Jan 10, 2009, 05:06:40 PM
You mean, there was a crocodile in it? And a guy resurrected by an alien virus?

Jeff

Yeah, that.  Among other scenes.  I don't know, it just made me remember it.

Predboy

Predboy

You know Jeff, you dont have to put 'Jeff' in all of your posts, we already know its you. ;)

Chris P

Chris P

Haha, yeah, but if we had an impersinator try to play as Jeff and he didn't put "-Jeff" at the end, then we would know he's a fake.

It really doesn't matter.  When I started I would put "BLABLABLALBALA   - Chris " for my stuff.  :D

@ Jeff,  He is right though, you don't have to if you don't want to. Makes no difference.  ;)

dachande89

dachande89

Well I rather enjoy knowing Im talking to the real author, rather than someone faking it. So I don't mind the Jeff thing.
Back to the novel, one aspect I did feel that was off the wall, was the alien virus that made him inhuman. But you're one line was so spectacular, that it made me reconsider it. "He felt, as he walked, like a God might: endlessly dissipating and regenerating." Now that was something that just made me have to put the novel down, and ponder the line. I really hope you write more in the Alien and Predator universe. 

Chris P

Chris P

Quote from: dachande89 on Jan 10, 2009, 05:59:14 PM
"He felt, as he walked, like a God might: endlessly dissipating and regenerating."

That's deep man.  Real deep. *snap* *snap*  8)

Quote from: dachande89 on Jan 10, 2009, 05:59:14 PM
I really hope you write more in the Alien and Predator universe. 

Me too, you have a good fix for it.  ;)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Jeff, whose the editor now? Is it Rob still?

JeffVanderMeer

JeffVanderMeer

Yeah--it's Rob.

That's pretty effing hilarious, if those comics included those elements. Somehow I doubt it was done quite the same way, if so.

JEEEEEFFFFFF

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Well 'Dark River' had an alien virus thing, but it ended up being a total lie and didn't actually exist.

And I think 'Rite of Passage' had the crocodile.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed