Dark Horse Comics Announces Aliens: Colonial Marines: Rising Threat!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 13, 2019, 02:32:05 PM

Author
Dark Horse Comics Announces Aliens: Colonial Marines: Rising Threat! (Read 60,854 times)

Engineer

I trust Tristan with writing a story... I've emailed DH a few times to express my interest in letting Tristan write one. I'm hoping that DH receives lots of emails like mine from people. If they get enough emails from fans about it, it might happen...

Nostromo

Dark Horse:

1+1 = 2

Tristan Jones + Aliens = DH $$$

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Kradan on Sep 16, 2019, 10:35:47 PM
Don't want to rain on your parade but where the confidence Tristan's comic storywise will be good is coming from ? Don't get me wrong he's fantastic artist no doubt but the same aplies to Ridley Scott and many people have problems with story he tried to tell in prequels.

Supposedly he was contributing to the story on Defiance. I thought that noticeably and dramatically dropped when he left. Coincidence?

SM

razeak

Quote from: Engineer on Sep 10, 2019, 11:08:30 PM
Quote from: Naginata on Sep 10, 2019, 10:38:50 PM
THERE'S NO EVIDENCE!

*is shown mounds of evidence*

... Uh... HASHTAG CANCEL CULTURE!
You forgot the admission of guilt

This.

SpaceKase

So, to be clear, as of right now, we're not going to see any iteration of ACM: Rising Threat or any already developed art or storyline material. Is that correct?

Corporal Hicks

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SpaceKase on Sep 19, 2019, 01:01:17 PMSo, to be clear, as of right now, we're not going to see any iteration of ACM: Rising Threat or any already developed art or storyline material.

Except the cover art Tristan Jones has already shared.

Samhain13

Quote from: SpaceKase on Sep 19, 2019, 01:01:17 PM
So, to be clear, as of right now, we're not going to see any iteration of ACM: Rising Threat or any already developed art or storyline material. Is that correct?

No life signs.

Kradan

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

Alas, into the vault of mysteries, right next to Aliens: Matrix and the ending of Crusade...

SM

As far as I know Dark Horse canned the series, so it's up to them if they want to pursue it.

cloverfan98

Quote from: SpaceKase on Sep 19, 2019, 10:45:30 PM
Alas, into the vault of mysteries, right next to Aliens: Matrix and the ending of Crusade...

Sorry if this is opening a can of worms but I've never heard of those two projects before what were those?

SM

Comics from the Dark Horse Aliens magazine published in the UK.  Crusade was partially completed and Matrix being created when the magazine got canned. 

razeak

So is it a money issue to cancel the project instead of hiring another writer? Would the creep be due royalties or anything like that if they proceeded with it?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed