Alien: Ore Teaser Trailer Now Online! - Alien: 40th Anniversary Short Films

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 16, 2019, 06:39:37 PM

Author
Alien: Ore Teaser Trailer Now Online! - Alien: 40th Anniversary Short Films (Read 38,486 times)

SiL

Quote from: bacchus on Apr 20, 2019, 10:50:52 AM
You're right in that they meet the brief - I'd read the brief a while ago and thought they were more suggestions/prompts rather than hard guidelines.
Yeah, "working class" and "female lead" are in the suggestions, not the requirements -- but they clearly favoured those stories that met those suggestions. :-\

Interestingly, the brief also contained story prompts, which basically all of these stories have followed so far. So I think between their "suggestions" and their "prompts", they actually had a fairly clear idea of what stories they wanted for these shorts and favoured those ideas which met those expectations.

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah, it is definitely sounding like the "Suggestions" were more in the vein of "We suggest you use these ideas if you want us to pick your script."

SM

Quote from: SlangOne on Apr 20, 2019, 10:31:40 AM
Pretty good...but why is every one of those shorts going for the slow-burn of Alien 1?
Seems nobody had the balls yet to make an action oriented one to honor Aliens which is disappointing to be honest.

Possibly because these films are made to celebrate Alien which is turning 40 and not Aliens which isn't.

P-Rock

P-Rock

Yeah, finally a short where we see a full grown alien. Good acting too, and a somewhat believable script. Dug that soundtrack too, got a kind of Vangelis Blade Runner vibe to it. Imo the best one yet.

My list so far would be:

1. Ore
2. Specimen
3. Night Shift
4. Containment

Prez

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 20, 2019, 07:56:10 AM
Quote from: Whos_Nick on Apr 20, 2019, 06:05:38 AMThis short arguably made the most of the 35k budget not sure why anyone is complaining

Absolutely. Especially as most of the complaints seem really misguided.

Spot on. Again.

Lucifer→_→

Lucifer→_→

This one is very nice.

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: SiL on Apr 20, 2019, 11:17:52 AM
Quote from: bacchus on Apr 20, 2019, 10:50:52 AM
You're right in that they meet the brief - I'd read the brief a while ago and thought they were more suggestions/prompts rather than hard guidelines.
Yeah, "working class" and "female lead" are in the suggestions, not the requirements -- but they clearly favoured those stories that met those suggestions. :-\

Interestingly, the brief also contained story prompts, which basically all of these stories have followed so far. So I think between their "suggestions" and their "prompts", they actually had a fairly clear idea of what stories they wanted for these shorts and favoured those ideas which met those expectations.

It's storytelling 101 to have an every man/woman character for the audience to relate to.  The shorts are supposed to celebrate Alien turning 40, so a blue collar female lead makes sense

426Buddy

I thought this one was pretty great.

1.Ore
2.Specimen
3.Containment
4.Night Shift

Huggs

Quote from: 426Buddy on Apr 20, 2019, 07:05:42 PM
I thought this one was pretty great.

1.Ore
2.Specimen
3.Containment
4.Night Shift

Dats it.

Predatorium

This was a close runner up to Specimen, which was perfect! This one had some acting issues, but top notch execution for the most part, a bit unoriginal. Bonus points for bringing in a full grown xeno! :)

Huggs

This was almost as good as that short film Randy pawned off as Colonial Marines.  ;D

The Old One

The Old One

The cliche antagonist, the elevator contrivance and Direction is the reason Specimen's superior, although Ore is excellent.
Also the Alien designs are weak, but the facility itself is fantastic.

Huggs

Does the spiked head make the raven Canon?

Nukiemorph

Best one so far.

I'm a tad bummed about the open ending, but everything else was completely on point.

10/10

Immortan Jonesy

Dear canon. I got a wish list for you to hear...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed