Is this a Alien 5 clue?!?!

Started by P1NK8C1DBOOTS, Feb 06, 2017, 12:21:35 PM

Author
Is this a Alien 5 clue?!?! (Read 10,752 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 07, 2017, 03:18:18 PM
SM is not needed here. He's not an oracle.

How dare you!

oberonqa

oberonqa

Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 07, 2017, 03:18:18 PM
Quote from: oberonqa on Feb 07, 2017, 03:00:14 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 07, 2017, 02:23:31 PM
Quote from: Scorpio on Feb 07, 2017, 10:35:21 AM
It's quite obvious.  Alien/Blade Runner shared universe.

Those movie do not share the same universe.

There are things that point to them being a shared universe.  SM, your knowledge is needed here.  I would explain but I am on my phone on my way to work.  Citing sources would be difficult to accomplish.

SM is not needed here. He's not an oracle. Both movies do not share the same universe. Period.

Blade Runner Easter Egg in Prometheus doesn't count. It was made just for fun.

http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/prometheus-blu-ray-easter-egg-600x522.jpeg

Besides, how movie based upon Philip K. Dick novel has anything to do with Alien universe and vice versa? I cannot see any connections.

I don't see the harm in them being in the same universe, so the easter egg in Prometheus is a nice nod to that.

Oh and SM is an oracle.  The pain you shall endure for such slander shall be legendary, even in hell.  :)

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Ya'll are losing your damn mind.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: oberonqa on Feb 07, 2017, 03:34:18 PM
Oh and SM is an oracle.  The pain you shall endure for such slander shall be legendary, even in hell.  :)

I take it as a joke ;).

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 07, 2017, 04:04:57 PM

I take it as a joke ;).

>:(

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 07, 2017, 02:23:31 PM
Quote from: Scorpio on Feb 07, 2017, 10:35:21 AM
It's quite obvious.  Alien/Blade Runner shared universe.

Those movie do not share the same universe.

Yeah, there's two computer graphic sequences that were recycled from Alien in Blade Runner. As well as the humming sound in Deckard's apartment. They were used simply because Scott liked the look of the graphics and the sound effect. Luckily few know about the Millennium Falcon model in Blade Runner or people would be claiming it shares the same universe with Star Wars as well.

QuoteBlade Runner Easter Egg in Prometheus doesn't count. It was made just for fun.

Ridley was toying with the idea of adding Blade Runner elements in Prometheus, the Roy Batty mercenary for example. Another idea of Scott was to call Weyland Corp, the Weyland-Tyrell Corporation instead Never made it to the screen though, maybe he changed his mind or maybe it was simply a case of not being able to use another company's IP in a Fox film. And a good thing in my opinion.

oberonqa

oberonqa

Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 07, 2017, 04:04:57 PM

I take it as a joke ;).

Not a fan of Clive Barker, I take it?

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 07, 2017, 04:40:02 PM
QuoteBlade Runner Easter Egg in Prometheus doesn't count. It was made just for fun.

Ridley was toying with the idea of adding Blade Runner elements in Prometheus, the Roy Batty mercenary for example. Another idea of Scott was to call Weyland Corp, the Weyland-Tyrell Corporation instead Never made it to the screen though, maybe he changed his mind or maybe it was simply a case of not being able to use another company's IP in a Fox film. And a good thing in my opinion.

Very good thing indeed that it never happened. I would hate BR and Alien sharing the same universe. It would have been the cheesiest heresy ever.

Roy Batty in Prometheus? As a character (Jesus!) from BR or just guy with identical name? Do you have a link?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

As an actual character, I assume Batty would have been mass produced. Combat model - optimum self sufficiency.  :)
Scott also wanted to cast Rutger Hauer as Mr. Weyland at one point. Can you imagine the mess all this would have created?

Valaquen wrote a great article a few years back about all that. Even had concept art of Batty and Rutger as Weyland IIRC. If Val reads this maybe he could drop us a link?

Blade Runner is set in the 1940's as much as it is set in the future. Stylistically completely different from the Alien universe.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 07, 2017, 05:07:06 PM
As an actual character, I assume Batty would have been mass produced. Combat model - optimum self sufficiency.  :)
Scott also wanted to cast Rutger Hauer as Mr. Weyland at one point. Can you imagine the mess all this would have created?

Valaquen wrote a great article a few years back about all that. Even had concept art of Batty and Rutger as Weyland IIRC. If Val reads this maybe he could drop us a link?

Blade Runner is set in the 1940's as much as it is set in the future. Stylistically completely different from the Alien universe.

I've never heard about it. I love Scott but sometimes ... sometimes ... Jesus!
Rutger Hauer as Mr. Weyland? I wouldn't mind. I know that Max von Sydow was Scott's original choice.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

And so Neill has revealed what his cryptic quote means:

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
QuoteBeta-Ray Bill ‏@Sub_Spacer  Feb 5
I'm really curious if Niell Blomkamp quoting Blade Runner means anything...

QuoteИeill Blomkamp
‏@NeillBlomkamp

@Sub_Spacer no, it doesn't. Just love the movie

https://twitter.com/NeillBlomkamp/status/828418829680140288
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

oberonqa

oberonqa

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 07, 2017, 05:31:24 PM

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

QuoteИeill Blomkamp
‏@NeillBlomkamp

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

Ah well.  :(

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 07, 2017, 05:31:24 PM

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

QuoteИeill Blomkamp
‏@NeillBlomkamp

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

Was expecting him to announce directing A:CM The Movie starring you-know-who.

SM

SM

Sharlton Copley as Turk.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: oberonqa on Feb 07, 2017, 03:00:14 PM
There are things that point to them being a shared universe.

One could also make an argument for 'Event Horizon' being in the same continuity, but that would be just as doubtful.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed