Predators Reviews Roundup

Started by Darkness, Jul 09, 2010, 10:38:13 PM

Author
Predators Reviews Roundup (Read 18,077 times)

Its Game Time

Its Game Time

I get to see it tommorow, super excited! In fact, i had a dream i saw it and it got me super super excited to see it. One question to all who have seen it, you all say Adrien brody did a pretty decent job, how was "Topher Grace's" performance?

novaats

novaats

I actually really enjoyed it - it's nothing groundbreaking but then this is a Predator film, it's not Citizen Kane. Could it have been better? Sure, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Not sure how it'd stand up to repeated viewings. If they make another I'd like to see them go epic (kind of like the transition from Pitch Black to Chronicles of Riddick). Show more of the universe, show various clans waring.

novaats

novaats

Oh and to answer the guy above - I thought Brody was very good, a little bit above decent even. All the performances were pretty good and Rodriguez's claim that they could each be in their own movie isn't too far off. Grace wasn't bad but not excellent. Goggins was noticeably good, as were Braga and Fishburne (all imo of course!).

ovechkinfan84

ovechkinfan84

i don't think the different looks was a problem, its like saying Europeans & Asians look alike, hell even Asia alone they have three distinct races of people that look different but have the same features. Look at it like that.

AK

AK

Happy with the film , not no he false advertising, of loads od pred  lasers on royce when in film there only one, and the pred dog next to predator, when he stands up, watch film se what i mean, its like they made it advertised it hen fought... nah leave it out

williammcnasty#awesome92

williammcnasty#awesome92

i shed a manly tear, once again over ambition got to like it did with AVPR (can go rot in its grave). rodriguez u let me down

good points: the photography and music was perfect, the charactors were very interesting bonding with each other, some of the action was cool

negative- the preds were too plasticky and didnt have the original roar/other sounds, they didnt move swiftly they just looked like guys in suits having trouble, the visuals were good up until they showed the preds and the heat visions (the cloaking effects and heat vision were better in the older movie) so the visuals werent great. so i think they had a budget cut after the scene with the pred hounds.

pales in comparison

gyro

gyro

;D  OMG it was so great    !! YAHOOOOOOO !!

Predator Warlord

Predator Warlord

Just got back from watching it with my friend and all I can say is holy f**k I love this movie pure Epicness loved the stickman/barkman creature and the Predators were amazing can't wait to own it on blu ray

PyroAcid

PyroAcid

your all high "the clokeing was better in the older moives? dude it was blue screen and a dude in a red suit with sexwax on the cam witch this was just cgi oo. what a bunch of nit picing bastards. i seen it on the 2nd day of opening at 11:05am westcoast usa. these new preds are more into the thrill of the hunt rather then code and honor they just want to hunt and kill your ass. anyways these guys kind had a heads up.  and they get lucky to..... yah Nolan man lol FEAR THE PINK MIST.

PyroAcid

PyroAcid

i give it  3 out of 5  worthy of a  sequel! i want the uncut of this once it comes out. lol!
this is a pred moive to be respected the humans were soild alot better then Avp and Avp:R and onley thing it lacked was more Predator Toys. just Tweak the preds for the next one Taller and faster and more weapons. Pred 1 knew he needed to stay hidden and not to f**k around. these guys like to play with there food.

atomicpunk

atomicpunk

just got back from the theater.so listen up i was pretty impressed with the film yes there were flaws but overall it was pretty cool.if anyone has been reading my posts i trashed this movie before i gave it a chance.i will say this i didnt care for the ending and antel should have went into how the preds.captured the ninja and brody.preds.should have cloaked more thought the cloaking was cool shit.needed to see more of the dog tracker and how he called the dogs off you know see him with them on the chains needed to see more of the falcon.not enough other species killed by brody and crew could have been much better but again anyone could pic this movie apart.i thought it was pretty good  ;D .

NikTh

NikTh

IMDb gives it a 7.6 / 10

OverHere

OverHere

Yo Guys! Had to join in the discussion here - HUGE Aliens/Predator fan - went to watch it last Friday and was disappointed.
I've read all of the comments above, but growing up watching Predator 1/2, I don't really feel this fits in particularly well. I completely respect the reboot, but the narrative structure and the combat has little to no innovation in regards to the previous films (falling off the cliff, Billy dual, fire 'Kill Me!' etc). The Predators themselves seem to have been toned down - a Yakuza member parrying blows off a Predator in that dual? These Predators are supposed to be HUGE (as in P1, VERY tall), yet they are portrayed in this film slightly sluggish and weak(er) - their masks being cracked off with bone, and dying with an abdominal slice? Also being fairly inept and intellectually inferior to humans? Hmm.
Enjoyed it as a film though, but in conjunction with appreciation to the series, I'm only just slightly putting it out of the bracket of aberration that is the AvP films.
One last thing - mud as a method to negate thermal was mentioned midway through - yet it took them (him!) until the end of the film to apply it!
Sorry for the rant, but I was expecting a little more!

ANYTIME

ANYTIME

This one is better than both AVP and AVP-R craps but the PREDATOR and PREDATOR2 are far more superior, I really hate the scene that the original PREDATOR got his head decapitated WTF, it supposed to be original PREDATORS slaughtering the noob bigass AVP Preds, but these Trouble Maker's dark Preds are humiliating Winston's Classic PREDATOR this is so freakin wrong, at least the original PREDATOR should have the Berzerker dark Pred in the end, which I am very unhappy with this, BTW the music score is impressively done John Debney did a very good job that substitute Alan Silvestri the original PREDATOR scores composer who was not unavailable because he had to compose A-Team music score, I like how Debney puzzled Silvestri's original tracks rightly in this  one it reminds RAMBO 4 that Brian Tyler compose Jerry Goldsmith's main theme of RAMBO perfectly well, this movies still alright to me so far.

TIMEOUT LONDON GAVE IT 4/5

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed