Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (2024)

Started by Nightmare Asylum, May 14, 2020, 11:34:10 PM

Author
Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (2024) (Read 20,536 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I can't wait!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I will expect detailed, daily in-depth coverage of this production from NA.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 19, 2021, 06:51:53 PM

I've learned from your Ridley threads. ;)

A few more key crew positions, listed in Variety's article on today's proceedings:

QuoteKey crew positions go to production designer Colin Gibson, editor Margaret Sixel, sound mixer Ben Osmo, and makeup designer Lesley Vanderwalt. The four previously won an Oscar for their work on "Mad Max: Fury Road." First assistant director is PJ Voeten and second unit director and stunt coordinator is Guy Norris.

https://variety.com/2021/film/asia/george-miller-furiosa-receives-incentives-for-australia-shoot-1234954435/

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 19, 2021, 08:07:07 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 19, 2021, 06:51:53 PM

I've learned from your Ridley threads. ;)

Huggs

Huggs

It would be interesting if hemsworth was digitally altered to be a killer midget that works for the real bad guy.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I do genuinely hope Hemsworth is a bad guy in this. It would be very against type for him. Rumor has it that Yahya Abdul-Mateen II is playing the heroic Dementus (described as "breathtakingly handsome" and having " an angel's face, scarred by a deep forehead wound stitched together with shiny chrome staples"), and if that is true, then that could definitely leave Hemsworth in the role of an antagonist.

Full video of today's interview/conference:

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I know Hemsworth is the bigger star, but after Split, Glass and The Queen's Gambit, Anya Taylor-Joy is the real draw for me.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Agreed. I didn't care for Split (though she was very good in it) and haven't seen Glass as a result, but she was fantastic in The Queen's Gambit and, especially, The Witch.

Between Furiosa and The Northman, she's actually a lead in both of my most anticipated films right now.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

The Witch! Absolutely, I should have mentioned that one too, which I own as well.  Or should we say, The VVitch!

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

She's so breathtaking  8)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

QuoteKey crew positions go to production designer Colin Gibson, editor Margaret Sixel, sound mixer Ben Osmo, and makeup designer Lesley Vanderwalt. The four previously won an Oscar for their work on "Mad Max: Fury Road." First assistant director is PJ Voeten and second unit director and stunt coordinator is Guy Norris.

Some great production design on Fury Road. Hopefully we'll get to see the Boeing 747 rig (that was concepted for Fury Road but not included) in the new film:

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 20, 2021, 04:46:01 PM

Some great production design on Fury Road. Hopefully we'll get to see the Boeing 747 rig (that was concepted for Fury Road but not included) in the new film:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFlkfULWgAAh4Nu?format=jpg&name=small

A perfect rig for a new Bruce Spence character, if I do say so myself. It is kind of still a plane, at least. :D

I do wonder if any of this film (be it design or narratively) will come from the Furiosa anime film that George Miller wanted to make a while back that obviously never took off?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I really enjoyed this comic book based on Miller's backstory ideas, that delved into some of Furiosa's backstory and motivations:

SiL

SiL

Man I hope they see my standing application for the editing attachment.

... they probably won't but a man can dream.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

QuoteGreat press conference discussing mad max Furiosa. Huge thanks to George Miller and Doug Mitchell for the opportunity and state and federal government for all their support and making it possible to shoot here in NSW Australia. Can't wait to kick it off. Gonna pour my heart, soul, blood sweat and tears into this one!!💪 #madmax #furiosa

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed