News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 07, 2015, 02:09:21 PM

Author
News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant (Read 551,023 times)

SiL

Maybe with advertising.

windebieste

Quote from: Stolen on Aug 05, 2016, 04:29:54 PM
Just impossible ! Or Covenant will be a PG movie  ;D

'Jaws' was originally released as a PG movie.  Sure, that was back in 1975.  Nonetheless, Rating has no bearing on Quality.  'Jaws' was the first movie to gross $100m takings at the box office.  On a PG Rating.

-Windebieste.

SiL

They've said repeatedly this is a gory horror film. Jaws only got a PG because Spielberg and the producer gave some bullshit testimony about the violence being unrepeatable by impressionable youths.

windebieste

For sure.  'Jaws' was still a quality horror movie with a PG rating.  That's the point I'm making.  'AvP-R' by comparison was uncompromisingly hyped for being an R rated movie.  I'm just saying that Ratings and Quality are not the same thing.

I'll sit and watch another PG rated movie if it's the quality of 'Jaws'; and if 'ALIEN: Covenant' ends up being like 'AvP-R', I'll be very disappointed.

Mind you, I do expect to get the best of both worlds out of Scott and his team on this movie.  A solid R rated movie that's worth rewatching 40 years from now.  Wow... what an expectation!  lol.

-Windebieste.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

210 million sounds out of left field for an R-rated movie even if that includes the marketing budget and yes, even if it is alien. Then again, maybe fox decided to put up instead of shut-up.

Quote from: windebieste on Aug 06, 2016, 01:26:26 AM
For sure.  'Jaws' was still a quality horror movie with a PG rating.  That's the point I'm making.  'AvP-R' by comparison was uncompromisingly hyped for being an R rated movie.  I'm just saying that Ratings and Quality are not the same thing.

I'll sit and watch another PG rated movie if it's the quality of 'Jaws'; and if 'ALIEN: Covenant' ends up being like 'AvP-R', I'll be very disappointed.

Mind you, I do expect to get the best of both worlds out of Scott and his team on this movie.  A solid R rated movie that's worth rewatching 40 years from now.  Wow... what an expectation!  lol.

-Windebieste.
This is Ridley Scott... not two inexperienced special effects artist trying to direct a feature length film. Least to mention the years of experience in all the production camps. Plus I don't see Ridley going out of his way to earn an R-rating; I expect the movie to earn it because it is necessary to the story. It's a grown up, dark movie which is filled with gods and monsters. Both nature and evolution creates horrible things.

windebieste

Quote from: whiterabbit on Aug 06, 2016, 01:55:46 AMI don't see Ridley going out of his way to earn an R-rating; I expect the movie to earn it because it is necessary to the story. It's a grown up, dark movie which is filled with gods and monsters. Both nature and evolution creates horrible things.

Absolutely. 

'ALIEN: Covenant' is shaping up to be a mature horror movie experience aimed at an adult audience.  I'm hoping the R-rating will be governed out of necessity as provided by the narrative rather than being dictated by gratuitous sensationalism alone.  Yeah.  This is beginning to look like the real deal.

Bring it, I say. 

-Windebieste.

Gazz

Production budget is no way $210m.

I imagine were looking at the $150m range before tax insentives.

BonesawT101

Yeah I doubt very much that the budget is over 200 million. The Martian by comparison was apparently 110 million, prometheus 130 million or there abouts. Wasn't there a rumour a while back that the budget was somewhere in the region of 130-175 million? I'm sure I read that somewhere. Can't remember where now though. Any who, loving the new Gif, it's got a real classic 70s sci fi feel to it in terms of design imo.

SiL

With marketing and advertising 210 isn't unreasonable.

whiterabbit

Quote from: SiL on Aug 06, 2016, 06:39:32 AM
With marketing and advertising 210 isn't unreasonable.
After thinking about it for a second, if we're debating over another 20-25 million... it actually isn't that far off. Although in the range of 185, maybe 190 sounds more plausible.

Corporal Hicks

QuoteMy #cool new #ALIEN #COVENANT #hoody from recently working on #RidleyScott 's new #movie set at #foxstudios #sydney. Oh and it GLOWS IN THE DARK!!
#glowinthedark #movieset #filmset #aliencovenant #sculptor #artist #propmaker #construction #crew

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Usually, the higher the production budget the higher the marketing budget.

But once you go past $150 million dollars for an R-rated film you start getting diminishing returns no matter how much you advertise. You simply start running out of cinema-goers. The only way past that hurdle is to lower your rating and get the kids (with all their disposable income and free time) in.

Quote from: SiL on Aug 06, 2016, 12:16:28 AM
Maybe with advertising.

I'd also buy it then. But the officially-released budget for studio films usually exclude marketing.

Quote from: SiL on Aug 06, 2016, 01:16:30 AM
They've said repeatedly this is a gory horror film.

Indeed, Scott himself said he would be pushing for a "hard R".

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2016/01/14/ridley-scott-says-hard-r-rating-alien-covenant/

Necronomicon II

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 06, 2016, 09:02:19 AM

QuoteMy #cool new #ALIEN #COVENANT #hoody from recently working on #RidleyScott 's new #movie set at #foxstudios #sydney. Oh and it GLOWS IN THE DARK!!
#glowinthedark #movieset #filmset #aliencovenant #sculptor #artist #propmaker #construction #crew

Sure are a lot of attractive people working on it hehe, I want a glow in the dark hoody!

Rayden02

Rayden02

New image is out
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CpMDLxkXgAAACbG.jpg ;D

edit: damn, this is from the Aliens, my bad xD
I never see this colored version before! :)

NickisSmart

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Aug 06, 2016, 05:52:12 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 06, 2016, 09:02:19 AM

Sure are a lot of attractive people working on it hehe, I want a glow in the dark hoody!

I was gonna say, does the girl come with the shirt? :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed