NECA's The Predator Figures

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 01, 2017, 01:20:37 PM

Author
NECA's The Predator Figures (Read 88,143 times)

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Emisary's look like they'll make great custom fodder.

Still Collating...

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 03, 2019, 02:35:33 AM
Has NECA clarified if they're making the Emissary Predators just cuz, or were the figures in development when the characters were still part of the movie?

The development takes some time, so I would bet that the decision to make them was made when the Emissaries were still part of the movie.
It's the same reason why we have inaccurate Covenant figures that represent the costumes, not the CGI models. Both of these movies make a lot of changes in the last minute and/or finalize their designs and plans at quite a late date.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

At the end of the day, everyone knows about them too. I would have fully expected the question to be asked and wanted even if they hadn't already been working on it.

I pre-ordered mine last week actually.  ;D

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 03, 2019, 03:10:06 PM
At the end of the day, everyone knows about them too. I would have fully expected the question to be asked and wanted even if they hadn't already been working on it.

I pre-ordered mine last week actually.  ;D
That, and the fact that Predator figs (from any format) are one of their top sellers. We can expect to see just about anything.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Well sure, I was more of curious of the order of events. Did NECA know the Emissaries had been cut but said "these guys are cool, let's make them" or was NECA was making them and then they got cut, and NECA said "welp we did the work already, no reason not to release them".

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Knowing how much NECa likes to retool things rather than make something totally knew, I'd say they didn't know they were going to be cut from the film but had already made the "master" version of the figure.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Thunderjack88

Thunderjack88

Part of me is glad I got rid of my collection when I moved, slippery slope by the look of it and only getting worse. I'll stick to the 28mm scale and check back to dream of what I'll buy if I win the lottery.

-TJ88

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Seeing it all done up gives me a dumb idea. I was originally going to try to customize it and try to give it a "normal" Predator lower body. I've seen some guy on Instagram who made a custom Predator that's permanently allied its self with the USCM...might repaint this guy to do something along those lines.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Feb 06, 2019, 10:13:23 PM
Seeing it all done up gives me a dumb idea. I was originally going to try to customize it and try to give it a "normal" Predator lower body. I've seen some guy on Instagram who made a custom Predator that's permanently allied its self with the USCM...might repaint this guy to do something along those lines.

I was thinking with some jungle Dutch parts and this guy you could make a wicked colonial marine.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Still Collating...

Randy on twitter, when asked about making the predator killer (shown some concept art) he said it's to be decided. Seems they're considering making it now more then they did previously. Unless it's one of the concept art pieces, that look like a military armored predator, I'm not planning on getting it. The movie version sucks IMO.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I'd get it and use it for parts fodder to be honest. The suit looked bad, but the weapons looked pretty neat

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I thought the suit looked cool, there are elements of it that are reminiscent of things from the EU (the Dark Blade Clan armor from 'Predator: Concrete Jungle', the Blazer Predators from 'AvP: Extinction'). I'd buy a figure of it.

Predwars24

Predwars24

The Predator Killer would be great as a Terminator but as a suit it's really stupid. I'd honestly love a figure for it. As for the Emissary though weird I honestly like it as an action figure. To me what doesn't work in the movies like the Newborn Alien, is always better as an action figure.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed